Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Müřlıń®

On 10/3/2018 at 12:00 PM, Mark VIII said:

Which version? Initial? Update 1? Update 2? Maybe you got an early release of update 3?

Mark,  I consider initial release the final public beta.  I didn't install 2019 until update 2.

Anyone that bases their judgment on the initial release needs to consider how software gets debugged.

The beta does not catch everything due to the limited number of people testing the software..

Once another 50k people look at the software, the rest of the bugs come to the surface.

4 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Had a lot of trouble upgrading to 2019. It's replacing a control def from 2018 with a 2019 control def, which is on the network. Cant get the wire machines to update. HLE doesn't even start to install. Click on the file and it asks what program do you want to use to open it. :rant:

I also had a lot of problems with updating files. 2019 still sees them as 2018 files.

1 hour ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Had a lot of trouble upgrading to 2019. It's replacing a control def from 2018 with a 2019 control def, which is on the network. Cant get the wire machines to update. HLE doesn't even start to install. Click on the file and it asks what program do you want to use to open it. :rant:

Sounds like your IT dept needs to do some tweaking...

I haven't had any problems at all.  But I do not work over a network so I don't have to put up with all that stuff.

If start a fresh instance 2019 and open up a file from a different version, the popup warns you that if you save the file it will be a 2019 file, which IMO goes without saying.

BTW I do not migrate the files with utility either unless I have to. 

I convert files on a case by case need be basis.

1 hour ago, Müřlıń® said:

Sounds like your IT dept needs to do some tweaking...

I haven't had any problems at all.  But I do not work over a network so I don't have to put up with all that stuff.

If start a fresh instance 2019 and open up a file from a different version, the popup warns you that if you save the file it will be a 2019 file, which IMO goes without saying.

BTW I do not migrate the files with utility either unless I have to. 

I convert files on a case by case need be basis.

I only migrate machine def-control def- posts, tool library's, and defaults. I put them in a new folder and migrate to a new folder then move them to a network location. We have 2 hasps on the network and sometimes its hard to get connected to the right one. INI file gives the address but this seems to be kinda trial and error. Has anybody got the HLE edition to work?