Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool List

DavidB

I created a custom post for doing this. I do not like using the standard MC outputs because they are very limited. The NCI variable for extension is 20007 #3. The way I do this in post processors is I convert the numbers to letters. For example:

20007#3 will be booog3 in my post. Yes, the #3 is left as 3. This system makes it EXTREMELY easy to look at a post and know exactly what NCI variable a formula is using. 

8 hours ago, CJep said:

In the internal tool manager you can run a detailed report that will show the tool holders

right click in the manager, select import/export then select detailed report from the fly out menu

tool manager tool list.jpg

tool list.jpg

I have 5 different OPs in my MC file not all OPs use all the tools. If I do a tool list threw the tool manager it creates the entire tool list. I just need a tool list of the Ops I want to run.

47 minutes ago, DavidB said:

I have 5 different OPs in my MC file not all OPs use all the tools. If I do a tool list threw the tool manager it creates the entire tool list. I just need a tool list of the Ops I want to run.

Right click on the top half, where your program tools are

Where it says machine group 1 you can pick the group you want. Maybe highlight the ones you want in the group then generate the report?

If you're using toolpaths groups and only one machine group perhaps you're getting the entire machine group tool list.

I always use a new machine group for every op and my tool manager looks like the one that cjep posted, sorted by machine group

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DavidB said:

The top has say 40 tools which are used in the entire MC file. But I want a tool list for OP1 which uses just 15 of these tools?

Thank you

Try this out... go to run a setup sheet (Pre-select the ops you want to generate tool data from then right click in the Toolpath Manger, or choose Setup Sheet in the Machine ribbon bar).  On the Setup Sheet options page you can change the reporting template that it uses to generate the data.  Double click on the current template (see screenshot) and then choose the "Tool List" item.  This will generate a file like the detailed report option mentioned above but only for your selected operations.

Tool list setup sheet.png

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...