Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Override Control Def. in post

Not having any luck creating a custom peck drill cycle in my post.

Is it possible to override the "Enable Canned Drill Cycle"  setting in the control def. if there is a value in a custom drill parameter box and use that value as my refht in the post?

I've asked my reseller, but sometimes their post dept. is back up and takes a while to get an answer. If not looks like I'm either long handing code manually or paying to have reseller modify my post.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

In the pprep$ post block you can insert a simple postblock  like below to set how each one is handled.  In the pdrillinfo block, only the misc 1 and misc 2 canned cycles can be used.  All the others become long code no matter what the Control Definition has in it.

pprep$            #Pre-process postblock - Allows post instructions after the post is parsed but before the NC and NCI file are opened.
                   #DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OUTPUT TO THE NC FILE IN THIS POSTBLOCK (OR ANY POSTBLOCKS YOU MAY CALL FROM HERE) BECAUSE THE NC OUTPUT FILE IS NOT YET OPENED!
                   rd_cd$       #Read CD Parameters
                   rd_mch_ent_no$ = 0  #Read only the machine base parameters (use to collect common parameters from CNC_MACHINE_TYPE)
                   rd_md$       #Read machine definition parameters
                   pdrillinfo   #Call the drill block that turns off the can cycles

pdrillinfo
                usecandrill$ = no$          # Use canned cycle for Drill
                usecanpeck$  = no$          # Use canned cycle for Peck
                usecanchip$  = no$          # Use canned cycle for Chip Break
                usecantap$   = no$          # Use canned cycle for Tap
                usecanbore1$ = no$          # Use canned cycle for Bore1
                usecanbore2$ = no$          # Use canned cycle for Bore2
                usecanmisc1$ = yes$         # Use canned cycle for Misc1
                usecanmisc2$ = yes$         # Use canned cycle for Misc2

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...