Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bridgeport DX32 Post Processor

Got a question... And I'm not asking for a post because I know that is sacrilegious on here. 

I've got a Bridgeport DX32 that I picked up. I'm not a business, just looking to do some machining. The DX32 controller is old, and I wouldn't believe that it is even supported in MC 2018. Is the only way to get one of these through In-House? Or is there a default DX32 post (like that used to be offered in older versions of MC)? 

Just want to pick the minds of the vets on here. 

Mastercam has a "Post Installation Program", that contains all of the older versions of their "free Posts", that used to be installed by default when you installed Mastercam. They package them separately now, since including the free Posts was enabling software pirates to use a cracked version of Mastercam OOTB. (Out-of-the-box)

I'm not certain of the DX32 specifically, but I know there are posts available for just about every machine control unit on the planet.

26 minutes ago, Kampfzentrum said:

I've linked my account. Didn't understand what you meant by maintenance. However, still cannot find.

He is asking if you have a "Maintenance Agreement" with your Reseller. This is where they charge you a % of the cost of a new license of Mastercam, and you receive access to all the new Mastercam versions.

Mastercam, in general, is sold with two different license options: standalone or maintenance.

• If you purchase a "standalone" version, you are locked into the version of Mastercam that was released when you purchased it. (I think technically, you can get any updates or new releases within 1 year of your purchase date. So if you bought Mastercam 2019, and then Mastercam 2020 came out a few months later, you'd be eligible to update to the 2020 version. However when 2021 is released, you would not be licensed for that version, as a standalone customer.)
  • With Maintenance, you make the purchase of a license of Mastercam (full price), and then pay a percentage of the cost of a new license each year (15ish %, I'm not sure...). The Maintenance contract means that you're entitled to each new version of Mastercam that is released, as long as your Maintenance Contract remains current.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

He is asking if you have a "Maintenance Agreement" with your Reseller. This is where they charge you a % of the cost of a new license of Mastercam, and you receive access to all the new Mastercam versions.

Mastercam, in general, is sold with two different license options: standalone or maintenance.

• If you purchase a "standalone" version, you are locked into the version of Mastercam that was released when you purchased it. (I think technically, you can get any updates or new releases within 1 year of your purchase date. So if you bought Mastercam 2019, and then Mastercam 2020 came out a few months later, you'd be eligible to update to the 2020 version. However when 2021 is released, you would not be licensed for that version, as a standalone customer.)
  • With Maintenance, you make the purchase of a license of Mastercam (full price), and then pay a percentage of the cost of a new license each year (15ish %, I'm not sure...). The Maintenance contract means that you're entitled to each new version of Mastercam that is released, as long as your Maintenance Contract remains current.

Gotcha. Yeah, we have a maintenance license. I have the files he was referring. Just needed to know how to navigate that.