Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup sheets

Ewood42

Preferred method for setup sheets  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use to generate setup sheets?

• ActiveReports
    • Microsoft Office (Word, excel, etc.) with screenshots
    • Something else
    • What are setup sheets?

On 10/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, Colin Gilchrist said:

The main reason I go with a .SET file, is because I can modify my regular NC Code Post Processor, to launch the .SET file automatically in the 'ppost$' Post Block. I pass the NCI file that I just finished processing to generate the NC File, and mine the NCI for the data I need in my setup sheet.

Colin, how do I get this to work? I'm assuming I need to edit the 1st line in ppost$ to this:

result = fexist(C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2018\mill\Posts\MILL.SET)

But I don't understand how to call the file.

should have added .SET and X+ to the choices.

IMHO the setup sheets are as bad as the drafting part of MasterCam.

Active reports are an overkill waste of paper. Set files are simple and take a lot of work to get just right.

Would be nice to get a detailed setup sheet out of the box that nobody should have to modify. 

We use set files and output this. I can get 3 tools per page. With a detailed complete first page setup description. (simple but works)

Definitely NOT a show piece by far. It has all the info but still looks like the crap from 1985. 

CATALOGUE NO = VENDING MACHINE MSC #44758993 EDP #13317 
          INSERT GRADE = 

TOOL NO = 5              TOOL DIA = .5000         TOOL TIP ANGLE = 180.
LENGTH OFFSET = 5             TOOL RAD = .0000
        DIA OFFSET = 45                      RPM = 2000                      FEEDRATE = 7.

H=_______________ADJ_______________    TOOL LENGTH FROM HOLDER = 1.5
D=_______________ADJ_______________                               FLUTE LENGTH = 1.
                                                                                                RELIEVE BACK =_________
 COMMENTS: FINISH 1.406 DIA THRU 4X

_______________________________________________________________________________

• 4 years later...

Hi there!

So I am fairly new to the ActiveReports Viewer, and have some questions.

I want to create setup sheet that will include both sequence numbers and tool numbers + descriptions.

First I created one following //TOOL RecordSet Pattern, but this one does not have the Sequence #s.

Now I am trying to go with //OPERATION and noticed there are OOI-xxx (Optional Operation Information) commands providing all the info I need.

But the problem I run into is that //OPERATION does not like OOI commands, like it does not operate them.

I.E. I try to run OOI-TLNO under //OPERATION, but nothing happens.

Can someone chip in some of their knowledge on this topic? Thanks!