Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017 stuck on "initializing menus" on startup

Arrow

Hello all,

Just got a new workstation - Lenovo P51 running latest Windows 10, 16gb ram, Xeon processor.

I've installed MCam 2017 on it (yes, I'm still stuck in the dark ages) and it refuses to start correctly.  The program opens, but it says "initializing menus" and that's all.  

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, running in compatibility mode and everything else, and still no luck.  

Has anybody else had this issue?  Any ideas on what i've got going wrong here?

I've uploaded a screenshot to show what I'm seeing.

Thanks in advance.

MCam screenshot.docx

This also happens with 2018 and 2019 sometimes. I would usually suggest to go into MasterCAM advanced configuration/Graphics support and disable Hardware acceleration. It usually means that you don't have a strong enough graphics card or you have not told your computer to use it for MasterCAM always.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:02 PM, Arrow said:

Hello all,

Just got a new workstation - Lenovo P51 running latest Windows 10, 16gb ram, Xeon processor.

I've installed MCam 2017 on it (yes, I'm still stuck in the dark ages) and it refuses to start correctly.  The program opens, but it says "initializing menus" and that's all.  

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, running in compatibility mode and everything else, and still no luck.  

Has anybody else had this issue?  Any ideas on what i've got going wrong here?

I've uploaded a screenshot to show what I'm seeing.

Thanks in advance.

MCam screenshot.docx

This might be happening due to using intel gpu driver on launch. Set mcx to use "high performance" gpu