Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2019 is crashing

My apologies wrong forum.

I am not sure if I can explain this problem I am having with 2019.  I open a file to use, and then I am using the middle roller button on my mouse to zoom in and out and then Mastercam crashes.  This has never happened to me in any other version of mastercam.  I was reluctant to pass this along since i thought maybe it was the specific file i was using, but it is happening on several different files.  Anyone else seen this problem?  

Thanks for any input given.

Jeff

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 8:09 AM, Jeff2005 said:

My apologies wrong forum.

I am not sure if I can explain this problem I am having with 2019.  I open a file to use, and then I am using the middle roller button on my mouse to zoom in and out and then Mastercam crashes.  This has never happened to me in any other version of mastercam.  I was reluctant to pass this along since i thought maybe it was the specific file i was using, but it is happening on several different files.  Anyone else seen this problem?  

Thanks for any input given.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
   I used to have this issue before at my previous company.  What happened was there are many versions of MasterCam installed in the same computer such as 2017, 2018, 2019...  Another issue was "CHECK YOUR GRAPHIC CARD", not many people look at their graphic card required for the 2019.  2019 is much heavily graphic consuming than the 2018 and way more than 2017.  If the 2019 required 2 gib of graphic, you should make it 4 just to be safe.

Heavy file is another issue too.  Ensure your system is i7, 7th Generation CPU is there.  Memory must be 16 gib or more.  

I hope these info help you out,
   S.Luong

• Like 1

He has his graphics card listed as Nvidia Quadro M4000 and should work well but you may be on the right track PcRobotic.

Jeff, try and force an update on your graphics driver and windows. I have seen where the driver for a graphics card can really kill a new program. 

On 10/24/2018 at 8:48 PM, ahaslam said:

He has his graphics card listed as Nvidia Quadro M4000 and should work well but you may be on the right track PcRobotic.

Jeff, try and force an update on your graphics driver and windows. I have seen where the driver for a graphics card can really kill a new program. 

I think it is best to FORMAT THE HARD DRIVE and install all BRAND NEW. 

BRAND NEW WINDOWS

ALL APPROPRIATE DRIVERS.

MASTERCAM

May be this...

"Intel Xeon CPU e5-2623 v4 @ 2.6GHz  2.6GHz (2 Processors)"

i7 7th GEN and UP.... 2.6GHz is OK but I think better system can handle MasterCam well.

I am not to intend to show up my stuff but I think it should be like this....

8 Gigs of Graphic
32 Gigs of Memory
i7, 8th GEN (the newest if i9)
2TB SSD (265 Gig is good enough)

=============================
ONLY:
WINDOWS10
MASTERCAM
SOLIDWORKS

INSTALLED, NOTHING ELSE....
=============================

Hope this will help.