Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2019 is crashing

Jeff2005

I am not sure if I can explain this problem I am having with 2019.  I open a file to use, and then I am using the middle roller button on my mouse to zoom in and out and then Mastercam crashes.  This has never happened to me in any other version of mastercam.  I was reluctant to pass this along since i thought maybe it was the specific file i was using, but it is happening on several different files.  Anyone else seen this problem?  

Thanks for any input given

On 10/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, gcode said:

I've never seen this before, but the first thing I would do is try a different mouse

The 2nd thing I would do is update my video drivers

I would think the mouse is not the issue. I am also having problems in 2019. I program my wheel to delete when pressing on it. In every other software, even pre 2019 MC, it works. Now, it does nothing. Maybe the real issue is to get a different software, and leave the hardware alone. Too many times MC tries to blame everything else but MC, when the real issue is MC. It would be nice if they would just fess up and say, yeah, it's MC and we are working on a fix. That way customers to not have to spend hours troubleshooting.

Mark.

There used to be a lot of people who had trouble with Microsoft mice and Mastercam.

I don't know if it's still a problem or not.

I personally run Logitech mice and have never experienced this issue.

Have you tired contacting your dealer?

Just because no one here has experienced this problem recently doesn't mean QC doesn't know about it.

1 minute ago, Mark VIII said:

Our dealer does not seem to be a Mastercam expert.

But, you are right. I am using a Microsoft Trackball Optical. It has never been an issue before this version of MC.

just for grins, try a Logitech ...  or make sure your Trackball drivers are the latest greatest

3 hours ago, gcode said:

Mark.

There used to be a lot of people who had trouble with Microsoft mice and Mastercam.

Just because no one here has experienced this problem recently doesn't mean QC doesn't know about it.

Its still a problem, even with 2019. I installed 2019 the other day, and checked it. The scroll wheel on my Microsoft mouse only zooms out, no matter which direction I scroll the wheel. It has been like it since, I think X was released. I asked about it several times, but the answer was "its a Microsoft problem".  I've not had any problems with the scroll wheel in any other CAD or CAM application.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mick said:

Its still a problem, even with 2019. I installed 2019 the other day, and checked it. The scroll wheel on my Microsoft mouse only zooms out, no matter which direction I scroll the wheel. It has been like it since, I think X was released. I asked about it several times, but the answer was "its a Microsoft problem".  I've not had any problems with the scroll wheel in any other CAD or CAM application.

My point exactly. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Mick said:

ive seen this problem many times and its a super easy fix, just go to microsofts website and download a driver and it will fix the problem. I dont use microsoft mice anymore because i love my Logitech G703 mouse but when using microsoft mice that is the quick fix for the zoom one direction issue.

here is a link to microsoft mice drivers https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads

4 hours ago, JoshC said:

ive seen this problem many times and its a super easy fix, just go to microsofts website and download a driver and it will fix the problem. I dont use microsoft mice anymore because i love my Logitech G703 mouse but when using microsoft mice that is the quick fix for the zoom one direction issue.

here is a link to microsoft mice drivers https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads

My mouse was discontinued years ago, and I have the latest driver. 

4 hours ago, JoshC said:

I tried that several times, with several driver versions, and it didn't work. And like I said, I've never had the issue with any other CAD or CAM system, only Mastercam. :)

• Like 1
On 10/15/2018 at 10:39 AM, gcode said:

Mark.

Sorry for the late response. I am not using the microsoft mouse, only logitech. I suspect it could be the driver for the graphics card.  I will search on.

thanks,

People running WIn10 have been having a lot of trouble this year with Win10 updates hosing their Mastercam installs

If you have Win10 Pro you can delay them, if you don't it can get pretty ugly.

At one point I had to roll my Quadro video card drivers back about 3 years to get a stable system.

Things have been OK lately.

Just now, gcode said:

It could very well be.

I have never experienced this, but I use a 3D Connexion Space Mouse and never use the scroll wheel for

zooming.

I also use the 3d for zooming. However, my delete is execute by clicking the wheel on my trackball. It has worked on all versions of MC until 2019.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-TrackBall-Optical-PC-MAC/dp/B00005853X

1 hour ago, Mark VIII said:

However, my delete is execute by clicking the wheel on my trackball

I would try hot keying this function to a Logitech mouse and your Space Mouse

and see if those devices crash as an experiment.

I'd also make sure I was running the latest great MS mouse drivers as well