Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam Tool Designer Grooving Tool Help

Laebs

I have been using Mastercams Tool  Designer to set up Sandviks  Coro turn tools I have downloaded in stp file form.  I have successfully been defining all the turning and boring tools I have downloaded.  Then I moved onto the grooving tools I needed and I cannot get it to cut right.  It won't cut down to the proper floor diameter and it is offset.  I have spent the day trying to get it to work.  Is there anyone out there that is familiar with the tool designer that could help me out?  Heck, even if your not and you are accomplished with Mastercam maybe you could help me out.  

I have attached a file.  You can see that the CoroCut® 3 cutting unit for parting and grooving does not get to the proper depth and is also offset.

Thanks very much fellows

Be safe and have a good weekend.

208-0006_Cap3.mcam

On 10/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, Reece L Gibson said:

Hello laebs

its really not much different than the old way to create custom tools...it’s still a 2-d flat profile ..... the wizard walks you thru it step by step.... I’ll look at your file 

I just got back to programming right now this morning and check on your reply.  The past few days have been clogged with FAI and IN-process paper work I do apologize.  Programming and building my skills and knowledge in that area are most important to me but those duties are very important to the job.😀 

Thank you So much I would very much appreciate it.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, K2csq7 said:

Here's something to get you going. Your plunge and cut directions were set to opposite, tool clearance needed some rejigging, TNR on the model is zero so I set that accordingly, and I set your comp to "edge".  

208-0006_Cap3_KG.mcam

Thank you so much.  I will review it and try to understand to avoid future confusion.  I feel like I am on repeat when I say this but it is true, I can't say how grateful I am for your help.

Say where are you skiing at?  I'm an average skier from Wisconsin.  I usually get out about 3 to 5 times a year.  The best one in this state ( i think ) is Granite Peak.  Formerly Rib mountain.  I try to go there.  However if your from out west it probably pales in comparison.

Hey thanks again I'll look at it now.

2 hours ago, K2csq7 said:

I ski in New England. 

Ah I see.  What follows is a description of the hills I've hit around my area.  I imagine they do not compete with New England.  Is there a mountain range out?

Granite Peak Ski Resort is a ski area located in Rib Mountain State Park in the Town of Rib Mountain, Marathon County, Wisconsin, south of Wausau. It features 74 runs and 6 terrain parks as of 2011 and boasts a vertical drop of 700 feet (213 m). Granite Peak is the third tallest ski area in the Midwest, after Mount Bohemia (900 ft.) in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and Lutsen Mountain (825 ft.) on Minnesota's north shore of Lake Superior. It is ten miles (16 km) north-northeast of Central Wisconsin Airport.