Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Angle Settings....

Greg_J

Hello,

I have a B axis head and I need to have the B axis at +45° for turning and when I adjust the Tool Angle I have to set it to -45°. I tried to adjust the machine definition, the machine configuration section of the B axis to counter clockwise hoping it would adjust the rotation but it doesn't. Is that the correct setting to adjust to fix this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Greg

IHS_Mazak_Integrex_J_Series_Matrix.mcam-lmd  and IHS_Mazak_Integrex_J_Series_Matrix.pst

It's a Mazak J400 Integrex and when I rough turn and finish my B axis is on a +45 but it post out -45.

It's getting that value from Mastercam's tool field but if I put it to +45 the toolpath shows a crash cause the tool faces the wrong direction.

I though my machine def is set wrong but the changes I made to the b axis don't seem to have an effect.

Up to this point I just been modifying the program after I post and I don't want to any more.

34 minutes ago, Greg_J said:

IHS_Mazak_Integrex_J_Series_Matrix.mcam-lmd  and IHS_Mazak_Integrex_J_Series_Matrix.pst

It's a Mazak J400 Integrex and when I rough turn and finish my B axis is on a +45 but it post out -45.

It's getting that value from Mastercam's tool field but if I put it to +45 the toolpath shows a crash cause the tool faces the wrong direction.

I though my machine def is set wrong but the changes I made to the b axis don't seem to have an effect.

Up to this point I just been modifying the program after I post and I don't want to any more.

Greg,

Will setting the tool as Horizontal +45 give you the results your after?

image.png.2d38de8a18f38d526347a41f9853e315.png  image.png.a309c987887b3a615a9cad3d94c7d515.png