Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2019 Machine Manage List

Karl@CP PISTONS

I have noticed several problems (like yours) since installing 2019. The update wizard seems to be malfunctioning. I just had to manually copy all of my operation files into my new share directory because the update wizard decided not to do it when updating. I also had similar problems with the control directory. MC must have changed it to think too much.

It was much like your's. MC would not show the files, even though they were there. Had to re-update and copy in.

19 hours ago, Karl@CP PISTONS said:

The machines in this directory are "factory" installed.  Do I need to run the wizard on the 2019 folder after a clean install?

Out of curiosity, are you migrating from an older version or are you installing 2019 fresh and only working with that? If you open your \Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2019\CNC_MACHINES folder, what machine definition and control definition files do you see in that folder?

I don't think that the machine definitions and posts install automatically like they did pre 2017.  You may have to contact your reseller and get the install file for them or they *might be on the install DVD.  You may also be able to ask on the official mastercam forum. 

I did a complete uninstall including manually removing the shared directory and the program files folder ( both kept after uninstall for some reason ). Fresh install including 2 updates after installation still have no way to add machines to the list...... Lots of machines in the folder just none in the machine manager list. I cut and pasted the paths to make sure I was in the correct folder so have no idea what's  going on. 

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Machine_List.JPG

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, Neurosis said:

I don't think that the machine definitions and posts install automatically like they did pre 2017.  You may have to contact your reseller and get the install file for them or they *might be on the install DVD.  You may also be able to ask on the official mastercam forum. 

There are a couple of hundred posts available on the Tech Exchange page at Mastercam.com

I think they quit including all those posts in the install to make things a little tougher on pirates

• Like 1