Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

error in my post for equal scallop mastercam 2019

First time posting a equal scallop tool path, so just finding this post error. I labeled where line 1278 is.  Must be the update did not fix this line? Not sure what I should change? I posted each line until I found out I was only getting this error from Surface highspeed equal scallop. 

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Report created.

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Initialize posting log file

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Using MP run version 21.00 and post components version 21.00

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Initiate opening the post processor file(s).

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2019\mill\Posts\HX250IG.PST

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - The post processor file has been successfully opened.

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Initialization of pre-defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Search for defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - RUN TIME -PST(1278)- The value of the string select selection variable is out of range:16

19 Oct 2018 01:05:56 PM - Successful completion of posting process!

pstock     # Comment amount of stock to leave

spaces$=0

if (opcode$=13 | opcode$=14),

[

(Line 1278)  if opcode$ = 13 & hst_flg, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH - ", *sopnotehst, scomm_end, e$

else, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "TOOLPATH - ", *stoper, scomm_end, e$

if tool_op$ = 132,

[

n$, pspc, scomm_str, "STOCK LEFT ON WALLS = ", *stock_walls, scomm_end, e$

n$, pspc, scomm_str, "STOCK LEFT ON FLOORS = ", *stock_floors, scomm_end, e$

]

else,

[

n$, pspc, scomm_str, "STOCK LEFT ON DRIVE SURFS = ", *stock, scomm_end, e$

if check<>0, n$, pspc, scomm_str, "STOCK LEFT ON CHECK SURFS = ", *check, scomm_end, e$

]

hst_flg = 0

]

if stockleft,

[

if opcode$ = 1 | opcode$ = 2,

[

pbld, n$, scomm_str, "Z STOCK TO LEAVE  = ", *stock1, scomm_end, e$

pbld, n$, scomm_str, "XY STOCK TO LEAVE = ", *stock, scomm_end, e$

]

if opcode$ = 19, pbld, n$, scomm_str, "Z STOCK TO LEAVE  = ", *stock2, scomm_end, e$

if opcode$ = 4, pbld, n$, scomm_str, "STOCK LEFT ON DRIVE SURFS = ", *stock, scomm_end, e$

]

spaces$=sav_spc

Someone else just had this problem the other day. I'm almost certain it has to do with your post's "sopnotehst" string select table. Download the latest version of the MPMaster post and compare the same string select table to your post. I'll bet they are different and all you'll need to do is update yours from MPMaster's. Mastercam is outputting data for the operation comment that is out of your string select table's range. It shouldn't be hurting anything with your code, but it's definitely annoying.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Frank Caudillo said:

Someone else just had this problem the other day. I'm almost certain it has to do with your post's "sopnotehst" string select table. Download the latest version of the MPMaster post and compare the same string select table to your post. I'll bet they are different and all you'll need to do is update yours from MPMaster's. Mastercam is outputting data for the operation comment that is out of your string select table's range. It shouldn't be hurting anything with your code, but it's definitely annoying.

This is the correct answer...

Thank you for the help. comparing the 2 found the 2 items that were missing. 

It was missing

shst16   : "EQUAL SCALLOP...."      #    "       "

in the  #Select operation note 

also changed from  16 to 17 in the fstrel line

fstrsel  shst00 hststyle sopnotehst 17 -1

• Like 1