Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Definition HMC Error

ahaslam

Hey there,

I'm digging through setting up my own machine simulation for the first time. I have been working a bit with my reseller but progress is slow so I wanted to get some additional input. I am working on creating an MB-5000. It is the standard HMC setup with a B axis that rides on the Z. The normal HMC setup shows the B axis sitting on the X and Y setup. When I move it to the Z I start getting errors. I wish to do this so that I can setup full simulation for a visual representation of the machines capability. Does anyone know why this is or know where I can go to get additional help setting this up outside of my local reseller?

Thanks in advance.

AxisCOMBO.JPG

Error1.JPG

Error2.JPG

That's basically what I did. I used a currently working machine, modified the position of the B axis to reflect actual machine configuration, and started getting errors. I can move it back to its original config but I would be lying to the machine. Due to the fact I wish to do simulation, I feel it is necessary to keep things as similar to actual as possible to avoid issues later in my simulation.

Ron, I dug through a hand full of other definitions and found one that is formatted the way I want. I loaded it and found that it works. That is a step in the right direction but I am not sure what I did wrong on my original machine definition that upset Mastercam so much. I'll keep adding info as I find it. 

I went back into my machine simulation and found that I am still having issues getting it to run. It tells me that the tool path is not properly orientated and asks if it would like me to change rotation. regardless of clicking yes or no, it will tell me that the tool path is not 4 axis (which it is a 3D optirough with a WCS: TOP and C/T: Front shifted 45 deg around wcs Z) and then kicks me out of the simulator. I tried using two different posts and get the same result. Any thoughts?

position.JPG

not4x.JPG

postsettings.JPG

I did try pulling up another machine sim, it ran fine, so I took that machine sim and attempted to apply my geometry to that machine but it broke after I did so. Again it wants to rotate the tool path saying it is incorrect but I can easily switch back to the machine provided by Mastercam and run it. I may just have to wait for my reseller on this because it's going way over my head.