Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vertical Lathe G02-G03

The short answer is to open your post and find your G02 and G03 strings and switch them. It will look something like this.

sg02    : "G2"       #Circular interpolation CW
sg03    : "G3"       #Circular interpolation CCW

With that said, this is very unusual and is worth contacting your reseller to discuss more deeply. The issue is that lies like that to your post is dangerous and is only a band-aid for the problem, not a solution. May I ask what control you are using? If this is something like a MACH3, then it would be a better fit to fix the parameters in the machine rather than break the post. I would be interested to hear more about this.

14 hours ago, ahaslam said:

The short answer is to open your post and find your G02 and G03 strings and switch them. It will look something like this.

sg02    : "G2"       #Circular interpolation CW
sg03    : "G3"       #Circular interpolation CCW

With that said, this is very unusual and is worth contacting your reseller to discuss more deeply. The issue is that lies like that to your post is dangerous and is only a band-aid for the problem, not a solution. May I ask what control you are using? If this is something like a MACH3, then it would be a better fit to fix the parameters in the machine rather than break the post. I would be interested to hear more about this.

Thanks for suggestion,  we use a Siemens  810 T. It is a vertical turning  machine and i use a VTL RIGHT TURRET MM machine definition and Generic Fanuc 4XMT-Lathe  for post. My company is in bad relationship with re seller and I must my one fixing a problem. 

IMG_1703[1].JPG

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. However, you can choose to use a different reseller or even request posts from post makers around the country. I don't really want to get into the reseller topic here because we make it a point to not bash them. With that said, if you feel the reseller is giving Mastercam a bad name, I encourage you to contact CNC Software. It's important we as customers are doing the best we can to give everyone involved a good experience. Just give them the opportunity to mend the situation.