Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Recently opened files

So not a Guru

57 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

On most of the icons that are on my taskbar, right-clicking shows the most recently opened files and that has always been the case with my MC2018 icon too. But on the PC I'm using at work, where I just installed 2018, I am not getting this. I'm using Win7

Anyone know where I might be able to get this to work?

Not sure about the right clicking for most recent files,but I've always used the OPEN dropdown and that gives me my most recent Mastercam files.

Capture.PNG

35 minutes ago, jeff said:

Not sure about the right clicking for most recent files,but I've always used the OPEN dropdown and that gives me my most recent Mastercam files.

Yeah, that still works, but I really like the convenience of going directly to the file without needing to open then drop-down and select. It's not a big deal, it just seems wierd that this is the only box that doesn't have it and only on the MC2018 icon, it works on the MC2017 icon.

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

Yeah, that still works, but I really like the convenience of going directly to the file without needing to open then drop-down and select. It's not a big deal, it just seems wierd that this is the only box that doesn't have it and only on the MC2018 icon, it works on the MC2017 icon.

Ok, I misunderstood, the ICON on the taskbar, right clicking that shows most recent.

I forgot all about that since I never used it. Mine works in 2019, I don't have 2018 installed though. 

I'm not sure what would cause that to stop showing the files.

It's gone

I told QC about this exact issue

When it started with 2018

( still the same in 2019)

They said they would pass it along to programming / developers etc.

Its gone. 

When you use Jeff's way 

You can open a file and if it's the wrong one just hit open again and pick the next over and over.Not have to hit undo or file new etc. To get the model off your screen.

As in iges 1 oops

Open iges 2 nope

Open iges 3 bingo !