Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2019 Flow line toolpath 1 st pass gauge

Vilas Reddy

Hi ,

I did 3D flow line toolpath , but starting 1 st cut taking gauge ...

So please anyone help me to debug this issue or suggest me if any other toolpath will be better ...

( back radius 3mm pink color )

Previously I use 6 mm ball nose tool 2D contour toolpath with position concept . 

But now I need to finish that 3 mm radius by using T slot cutter R0.8 corner .

Attached zip2go file ( not possible to update complete model cause its NDI part so I deleted  other feature & kept original chamfer & radius .

Just I extruded edges of it .. )

Please anyone help me ..

Thanks in advance .

Back Radius Finish by Using T_Slot Cutter.ZIP

1st pass Collision.JPG

56 minutes ago, Shrinivas Reddy said:

Please anyone help me ..

Don't know what you did with your Zip2Go but there are no .mcam files to open.

For this you don't really need a Zip2Go as we don't need to see associated files (MD,CD and .PST).

Just save the part file......

Looks like the cutter compensation goes perfectly sideways along the very bottom edge of the fillet surface.  The tool pushes out rather than down and out (which it does for other contact points on the surface).  That is how the flowline raw pass is constructed (before gouge-check or any check surface trimming).  I'll get this logged; perhaps there is something we can do to influence the raw pass based on nearby (local) curvature of the part (bump it down a little bit).

As a work-around, I was able to use "Split" to split off a very little bit of the bottom edge.  (Split splits the surface into two; I reselected just the top big portion).

Another work-around might be finish/contour (or rough/pocket with rough passes turned off).

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Shrinivas Reddy said:

now I attached the Mcam File Sir...

I don't usually use flowline in this situation but I was able to get it to run:

Changed spiral to one way

Changed step direction to bottom to top

Used Depth Cut tab to select the upper and lower Z values (clicked on the geometry and subtracted the cutter thickness).

• Thanks 1