Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can not open a STEP file in MasterCam 2018

rickt

Hello

I got this file that when I try to open it in Mastercam 2018 I get a blank screen.  No errors and statistics shows no entities.  I can not share the file but if I open the file in Cimco in the header the source is "CREO PARAMETRIC BY PTC INC, 2018010".  I tried earlier versions of Mastercam ,  ( X6, X9 ) with the same result.  I do not have Mastercam 2019.

Has anyone else come across this and did you get a solution.?  Is there something my customer needs to do on the other end during the export?

Thanks

Rick

I forgot to mention that I know that the file came from ProE and a add on translator would be needed to read the native PRT file but this file was exported as a step file.  Looking at the file in a text editor and comparing it with a step file I can open, it looks like a step file.  Another odd thing, the file came without the STP extension.

This is a new company for me and getting through to the right person to ask questions or to get another file format isn't easy but I will see if they will do.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Pete

I gave STPviewer a try and got nothing.  It seems to acknowledge that there is a document there but nothing else.  Just to clarify, I have a number files with the same problem.

I will see if I can send you this file but it will be a day or two before I get to it or get permission.  Where do I send it?

Thank you

Rick