Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simulation: current simulation is still discarding -2019

mittler

Hey Guys, looking for some help: 

We just got MasterCam 2019 installed and whenever I try to use simulation the error "current simulation is still discarding" comes up. 

My Application Engineer thinks it might be related to the graphics card but isn't sure.

Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue and how they solved it.  

Computer Specs: 

• RTX 2070 - 8GB VRam - Drivers up to date  
  • I7- 8086K
  • 32GB Ram

Thanks, Matt Mittler

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
31 minutes ago, Mitch The Machinist said:

Bump.

Still having this issue with Mcam2023

Is this a local install or a Network install?

One Drive or Network stored Public Documents?

What are the user Permissions for C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2023 ?

Are the UAC settings turned off?

Who built the Machinesim models?

How is the XML defined?

Do the default Machinesim models run with no issue?

What are the computer specs?

How much Hard Drive Space do you have free?

On 2/28/2023 at 10:05 AM, crazy^millman said:

Is this a local install or a Network install?

One Drive or Network stored Public Documents?

What are the user Permissions for C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2023 ?

Are the UAC settings turned off?

Who built the Machinesim models?

How is the XML defined?

Do the default Machinesim models run with no issue?

What are the computer specs?

How much Hard Drive Space do you have free?

Which one of these questions would pertain to simulation working or not working for no rhyme or reason?  Sometimes I think it depends on whether or not I'm standing on my left foot or right foot.     But then cloudy days seem to make it work more often than when the sun is shining.   

• Huh? 1
2 hours ago, Mcfish said:

Sometimes I think it depends on whether or not I'm standing on my left foot or right foot.     But then cloudy days seem to make it work more often than when the sun is shining.   

I second this. It isn't often but I get this error here and there. A reboot of Mcam fixes it for me. The only pattern I have seen is it tends to happen after I have Mcam open for an extended period of time ( >3 hours or so). Now that I think about it I don't think I've seen it pop up in Mcam 2023...

3 hours ago, Mcfish said:

Which one of these questions would pertain to simulation working or not working for no rhyme or reason?  Sometimes I think it depends on whether or not I'm standing on my left foot or right foot.     But then cloudy days seem to make it work more often than when the sun is shining.   

3 hours ago, Mcfish said:

they seem like logical questions to me and seem like he was just trying to help, its not like he asked you the price of coffee in china or something silly, those seem like legit questions of someone who has some potential ideas of what could cause that depending on how the questions would have been answered. to each their own but ive been around these forums long enough to know crazy millman was just trying to offer some help, if you dont want to answer his questions thats up to you but no the issues have nothing to do with the weather outside or the foot your standing on, perhaps that mentality and shooting down everyones questions is the reason your in this situation in the first place...

• Like 2

What do I know having been around computers for 40 years, programming in Mastercam for 20+ years and did tech support for one of the Mastercam dealers for 4 years while was a Product Manager of one of the Software's that work in Mastercam.

BTW what is price of coffee in China on a winter's day? 🤗

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

What do I know having been around computers for 40 years, programming in Mastercam for 20+ years and did tech support for one of the Mastercam dealers for 4 years while was a Product Manager of one of the Software's that work in Mastercam.

If this was a bigger issue for me I'd take the time to answer your list of questions. I had no ill intent, I've just never seen a pattern to that error message so it feels random. I'm sure there's an explanation if someone takes the time to slow down and look.

11 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

BTW what is price of coffee in China on a winter's day? 🤗

Not a coffee drinker myself but it looks like $2 - $5 🤪

https://www.thecommonscafe.com/how-much-does-a-cup-of-coffee-cost-in-china/

• Like 1
15 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

What do I know

It's amazing how, when you are having a problem with a system that has literally (tens of?) thousands of possible configuration variations, think it's out of line for someone who is taking time out of their day to help you, FOR FREE, to ask you questions about your particular system then get all indignant and say they meant no ill will when others point out how rude you were.

It's been my experience that these types of selfish people struggle more than other people because it gets harder and harder for them to get help as they burn bridge after bridge.

Just sayin'.

• Like 2
On 3/3/2023 at 5:45 AM, Jobnt said:

It's amazing how, when you are having a problem with a system that has literally (tens of?) thousands of possible configuration variations, think it's out of line for someone who is taking time out of their day to help you, FOR FREE, to ask you questions about your particular system then get all indignant and say they meant no ill will when others point out how rude you were.

It's been my experience that these types of selfish people struggle more than other people because it gets harder and harder for them to get help as they burn bridge after bridge.

Just sayin'.

Then after they have exhausted all other resources, they'll just rant about how bad the software is.

:coffee:

I have a similar problem with MC23. When I open a model there is a popup with "Preparing Simulation Data" and another popup with "Current simulation still discarding". I even created a new file with a single wireframe line. When I open it, I get the same two popups. When I want to close MC23, it does not respond, and I have to close it with the Task Manager.

6 hours ago, Stefan Stander said:

I have a similar problem with MC23. When I open a model there is a popup with "Preparing Simulation Data" and another popup with "Current simulation still discarding". I even created a new file with a single wireframe line. When I open it, I get the same two popups. When I want to close MC23, it does not respond, and I have to close it with the Task Manager.

you can avoid spending a lot of time resolving simulator issues by restarting your pc if you encounter any and if that doesn't work try reinstalling, .net framework updates have occasionally caused issues as well, in one case we had to replace an end users pc the simulator just wouldn't work or delete user accounts, but those are rare and extreme cases

4 minutes ago, byte said:

you can avoid spending a lot of time resolving simulator issues by restarting your pc if you encounter any and if that doesn't work try reinstalling, .net framework updates have occasionally caused issues as well, in one case we had to replace an end users pc the simulator just wouldn't work or delete user accounts, but those are rare and extreme cases

I just managed to solve the problem on our customers PC. I just downgraded and updated the GPU drivers.

I will remember to reinstall the .net framework next time as well.

7 minutes ago, Stefan Stander said:

I just managed to solve the problem on our customers PC. I just downgraded and updated the GPU drivers.

I will remember to reinstall the .net framework next time as well.

I recommend customers to use GEForce experience to ensure the drivers are up to date with the best drivers, Microsoft windows does not do a good job at getting the latest drivers in my experience 

3 minutes ago, byte said:

I recommend customers to use GEForce experience to ensure the drivers are up to date with the best drivers, Microsoft windows does not do a good job at getting the latest drivers in my experience 

Dell Quadro and GEForce drivers are notoriously bad as well.

2 minutes ago, gcode said:

Dell Quadro and GEForce drivers are notoriously bad as well.

I was having issues with the graphics in this application im developing in opengl, windows said all the drivers were updated, but when i got the Nvidia Geforce Experience app it updated a more recent driver that fixed the issue, been using it since then

It also has a nice page for launching commonly used apps, mine is full of steam games haha

Yes.. 

about 10 years ago, I came to work and my entire department was down.

Mastercam would not launch on any of the programming computers.

I finally figured out the cause. 

Windows Update had updated the Quadro drivers on all our machines overnight.

I uninstalled them had replaced them with Nvidia drivers and we were back in business,

Now we have a script excluding video drivers updates on programming PC's.

• 1 year later...

No matter what I do whenever I try to run a simulation, regardless of post-processor, tool, part, anything;
I try to run the simulation, it pauses for a second before showing "Simulation is still discarding". I'll hit ok on that message, then Mastercam tries to restart the simulation, runs into the same error, then crashes entirely. This issue occurs every single time I use the program, making it near-on useless.

I've tried reinstalling (not a completely clean install since im afraid i'll lose my license), repairing, repairing CodeBullet, reinstalling .NET frameworks, updating GPU drivers, updating Windows; nothing seems to remedy this issue.

If anyone has any idea on what could be causing this, or has experienced these same symptoms before, please let me know how you fixed it. Would really like to get back to having a usable program. Thank you!