Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpath nesting broken

LucasGC

if someone could tell me the correct way to do this i thought i had dumbed it down enough but i guess not..............

I open each of my sldprt in mcam, get them oriented at top wcs, delete all other geometry than solid. create contour around outside.

create new mcam to nest all the parts. nest each part individually because 'calculate' all sucks. 

get everything real nice and close to fitting on my sheet - regenerate my nesting toolpaths and get 'error regenerating toolpath' 

go into parameters and see the part still in there

go to original operation imported when nesting was created, click on it, see the toolpath

try and regenerate original operation and lose the toolpath.

rechain toolpath to original solid, regenerate original toolpath, go to nesting toolpath and no parts are defined.

is there any way to do this correctly!?

to describe how i make my toolpath nesting / why

create toolpath nesting, go into options and select 'tool center' and 'attach geometry'

add toolpath from file gives me the one toolpath and associated name

this creates one original solid at origin with just the one original contour toolpath, as well as solid copies amount/location that i want them

then i can create the toolpaths/geometry that i need from solid copies

can't use geometry nesting because it doesn't work with solids?!

Have one version saved i guess right before they lose their connection - i open it, see the nesting toolpaths that need regenerated, regenerate them once and it seems like they regenerate, but the toolpaths don't show up when clicked on. regenerate one more time and get 'error regenerating toolpath'