Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mind blown

TERRYH

9 hours ago, TERRYH said:

We never used 2017 we went directly from X9 to 2019, but some of the bugs we are seeing is one guy is experiencing it to shut down when he is trying to change the color of things when selecting the full color pallet instead of the little default one, it just shuts MC down. A couple of the things I have been seeing is when changing the color of something it will take several seconds and will turn on other levels that I did not have selected. And sometimes it flat will not allow me to change the color of something. There are a few others but can't think of right now it's to early. 

in some of my fixtures, changing the colors also does not work. Not a huge issue, but it flat out wont do it. I have not had issue with the full color palette, but i am sure its an issue. Colors in general for me have been hit or miss, depending on whether the imported/merged files are .SLDPRT, Mcam files, or .STEP. Crap shoot

(I love 2019, Terry. Caught on very quickly and no going back to X. Just work through it - don't X! - and soon it will become second nature to you).

But yeah, It was a breeze getting used to for me. I just plowed through when we got the upgrade (started with MC 2018, was using X7 prior). Never (very rarely) opened X7 again. That helped me transition. All the powers and more are there.

• Like 1
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, TERRYH said:

Somehow I deleted one of my tabs at the top how do I get it back? 

Capture.PNG

You did not delete this tab,

You most likely got bit by a bug

"Editing a Machine Definition removes the Turning and Milling ribbon Tabs"

It has been fixed in Update 3, released earlier this week

This happened to me dozens of times and I never made the connection between the missing Tab and

a Machine definition edit   DOOOOH!

I always closed and reopened MC to recover from this

^ Checked for updates. No new updates at this time...still crashes sometimes.

A minor inconvenience. I always save prior to changing colors.. Seems geo is ok, surfs crash. Not always, but at times.

Changing surf colors is best for me. Some finishing toolpaths have 12 hour cycle times (manifolds - 78" by 58" by 1" stock). So I change colors for easier selection and split the toolpath in half...for two days machine (I could just use trim toolpath, also).

41 minutes ago, Dan_AKA_ROY said:

^ Checked for updates. No new updates at this time...still crashes sometimes.

A minor inconvenience. I always save prior to changing colors.. Seems geo is ok, surfs crash. Not always, but at times.

Changing surf colors is best for me. Some finishing toolpaths have 12 hour cycle times (manifolds - 78" by 58" by 1" stock). So I change colors for easier selection and split the toolpath in half...for two days machine (I could just use trim toolpath, also).

Read Pete's post

• Huh? 1

Ok, another complaint Terry and I have about 2019 is under the transform tab. What the h3ll did they do to the chains function????🤬 In X9, I could select multiple chains and as long as I made sure that I chained them all in the same direction, ALL the chains would offset in the same direction. Did they move that ability to some other icon???? 2019 is a complete, MASSIVE step backwards now unless I'm missing something. Now I have to select one chain, hit ok, then go the graphics window and show poor mastercam which direction I want it offset. What developer thought this was better????🤬🤬🤬

37 minutes ago, generaldisarray said:

Since Jan 1 2019 is here. Where is MC2020? Will V2019 get any more updates beyond 3?

I don,t know if there will be any further updates to MC2019.

If the usual schedule holds, MC2020 public beta will be out in a month or so, and the formal release out in late spring or early summer