Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mind blown

TERRYH

On 2/28/2019 at 4:26 PM, Seedy steve said:

don't want to run out of clicks!!

so if u select your items before the action , it eliminates clicks!!! hooray I may survive after all.

for instance select two sections of a line to join, then hotkey for join and boom it's done and accepted all at once.

• Like 1

Veiw sheets????

somehow this thing (2018) just created two planes and a view sheet, all at once when i finished creating a simple contour path!!!

idk why. now it has an association between sheet and plane that won't go away. and i can't delete either one. WTF???

I have never used these sheets. don't even know what they're for.  Strange stuff has been going on lately like this.... any ideas?

1 minute ago, Seedy steve said:

Veiw sheets????

somehow this thing (2018) just created two planes and a view sheet, all at once when i finished creating a simple contour path!!!

idk why. now it has an association between sheet and plane that won't go away. and i can't delete either one. WTF???

I have never used these sheets. don't even know what they're for.  Strange stuff has been going on lately like this....

Did you start the file with an imported file?

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So I opened a new file a parasolid X_T and wanted to convert it into surfaces so I went to the surfaces tab and selected the from solid button and let it do its thing I selected keep solid and use original, when I looked at the surfaces it had changed the colors of several of the holes, and we use hole color to determine what they are, (A .500 white hole is a dowel and a .3125 green hole is for a 5/16 drill and 3/8-16 tap) I have noticed this a couple other times and could not figure out why, is this a random problem, have others seen this? 

Hmmm.. Maybe try Clear All in Model Prep before converting to surfs?

You can't just change the colors of selected surfs?

Maybe try bringing in a SLDPRT file instead of a Parasolid X_T? With scanned data (large hood scoops) I had trouble with Parasolid X_T. Had to use sldprt file format to successfully import. Normally I can open x_t files, but these scanned files gave me problems.

5 hours ago, TERRYH said:

So I opened a new file a parasolid X_T and wanted to convert it into surfaces so I went to the surfaces tab and selected the from solid button and let it do its thing I selected keep solid and use original, when I looked at the surfaces it had changed the colors of several of the holes, and we use hole color to determine what they are, (A .500 white hole is a dowel and a .3125 green hole is for a 5/16 drill and 3/8-16 tap) I have noticed this a couple other times and could not figure out why, is this a random problem, have others seen this? 

This has happened to me a few times.

Go to Model Prep TAB. Choose change face and change the operation type to remove colour. Double click the feature and click ok. Should revert back to what it was.

looked at that Gcode and it was not checked the solid is coming in with the correct colors its when I was converting them to surfaces it was changing and it does not do it all the time, guess like many other things this is just going to be something I have to watch.