Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to automatic "Manual Entry" operation

Hello,

I have been looking for the function to automate "Manual Entry" in mastercam for 3 days now and I haven't been able to find anything. Can anyone be kind enough to point me a direction?

I ask this because I need to add some customized comment/commands to the NC program. Those commands are tedious and repetitive. So I don't want to go to click on "manual entry" and type in the message everytime.

Thanks for the help.

Steph

3 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Have you used the "from file" option? Type your tedious code/comments in text file. Then set the option in your Manual Entry path to read it from the stored Text File. Super simple.

Or do what So Not A Guru does, and Import the Ops from another Mastercam file. Several ways of doing the same thing with this...

Thanks for the reply. 

But I am wondering if there is an API to automate "Manual Entry"? 

If the comments you want to post are truly repetitive, You could hard code it into the post and then use a Misc. real with numbers corresponding to the comment that you want to output in the first operation.  

For example, setup Misc. real number 5 for the comments that you want to output and then have conditional code in your post so that   IF mr5 =1, then it would post the subsequent text.     IF mr5 =2 then it would skip the first text and post the next text.  

I don't think that I am explaining this well, but it is pretty easy to do.  

• Like 1