Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unusual codes in EIA-file

Hey, new here so not sure just how this works but I'll give it a try. 

We just installed a VTC 800/30SR 5-axis Mazak, and now we are installing Mastercam with a post processor. I'm familiar with Mastercam, and mazak (not 5-axis, but 3-axis). Now we have an issue with some lines in the EIA-file, and neither of our seller or anyone we know, knows what this is for. Or what it means. Besides that #60000 is tool change. 

Anybody who knows? Would help a lot!

postprossesor feil.jpg

My bad, I didn't see it get used.  Overlooked it.  Here is #3020 in the manual:

Capture.png

After looking that up, the post is trigging a safe X position for the machine to approach from.  That machine is a little trickier than a typical Mazak head/table machine and you have to position it accorddingly.  Is it not eating the code?  I use ref points to locate my head/head machine.  Any way, a couple of numbers look off.  That 11.31 on N18 is likely your equivalent (or close) to BA62.  The trig is using a fixed number 56.767 which I figure is C center of rotation because it's adding the hyp of the trig to it.  A lot of room for error in that imo.

I personally suggest turning off motion on activation of G43 and G43.4 in that machine.  It will save you a ton of overtravels when at G53Z0.

I don't know that exact machine but you could setup that trig to be a lot cleaner to position X and B to a safe location.

Is that a Postability post?

I don't think so either, cause it's not working! 🤣😂 

I have 3 of your posts and they all work.

I'm curious who's post it is though, I'm assuming it's got to be a bought post and I'm wondering who put it out there but doesn't know what's going on.  Mazak applications also has macros for this so that all you have to do is call the macro and then it's all handled.

As a Mazak guy, I'm just super curious.  I actually did a little tinkering on one of ours today to see if I could get this to work.

• Like 1