Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

building a 4 axis horizontal

You got to much going on with that model. Need to dumb down the solids. You are asking to much of Machinesim. All CAV dumb down the models to limit how much the CAV has to do with respect to the models for simulation. Get rid of all that sheet metal and Boolean as much of that into one dumb solid with no holes for the sheet metal if you really want it. All you need is the ID and the Kinematic models and call it a day if you are worried about internal sheet metal collisions.

XML files are not the friendliest in Machinesim if you don't follow a certain order. I will normally start with a good machinesim and then open the one I want to edit. I then edit everything through the Machinesim window and save from there. Other ways get weird quick.

I just built a 5 Axis HBM that has a Contour Head using Machinesim. I cannot use it from Mastercam, but it was cool to build the machine and have everything adjustable to check for clearance and other things I was needing to do on a project. Sorry I am not allowed by ITAR/NDA to share a picture of what I did.

• Like 1

In it's base orientation, the ones I have done start out layed out like such. Notice the Mastercam world WCS origin in the center

They are done in MM

I started with the Horiz4Front.....and replaced the components

Another note, the gif size is VERY important.....until I got it to the correct size, it crashed

base.PNG

WHen loaded it looks like this

mach.PNG