Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Type II Canned Rough Cycle

I have a post issue that I can't seem to fix.

Undercutting in canned roughing cycles on a Fanuc control. It is graphically represented correctly in the backplot but the post doesn't add the Z value to the first line after the canned cycle to tell the control it's a type II cycle. It seems like it's just an error because the control throws a monotonous error until I add the Z as shown below.

Mastercam Posts out this:

G71 U.08 R0.
G71 P100 Q110 U-.02 W.01 F.012
N100 G0 X3.3039 S600

And I need it to post out this for a type II cycle:

G71 U.08 R0.
G71 P100 Q110 U-.02 W.01 F.012
N100 G0 X3.3039 Z.1307 S600

Anyone have some insight?

I have only minimally messed with lathe canned cycles.  They use a buffer and I was concerned with that being on the N100 line it would in in string3 from the buffer.  After a little digging it appears (in the Generic Fanuc 4x MT post anyway) that prapidout contains this. I also think it is being written to the buffer for string3 - idk but  I changed this highlighted portion to force Z and in MINIMAL testing got the output you want:

image.png.02ada09bc916909d00615738fa8b68b0.png

Code before:

before.png

Code after:

after.png.

It appears as though, the logic in prapidout that this will only effect lathe canned cycles.  However, use and test to prove out.

If it gets any deeper than that, you'll need to wait on Colin to come around.

16 hours ago, jlw™ said:

I have only minimally messed with lathe canned cycles.  They use a buffer and I was concerned with that being on the N100 line it would in in string3 from the buffer.  After a little digging it appears (in the Generic Fanuc 4x MT post anyway) that prapidout contains this. I also think it is being written to the buffer for string3 - idk but  I changed this highlighted portion to force Z and in MINIMAL testing got the output you want:

Code before:

Code after:

It appears as though, the logic in prapidout that this will only effect lathe canned cycles.  However, use and test to prove out.

If it gets any deeper than that, you'll need to wait on Colin to come around.

(Clips pictures for clutter reduction)

I am using the MPLMASTER lathe post. I've already made some modifications so it posts out G76 cycles correctly.

I'll give your change a try.