Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Repeat without transformation

SlaveCam

Nope!

Now I'm trying to find out what would be the "best" dummy op to read the program number from. Is there a reason why program number is ignored for transform ops? I ask because I have two programs ( A and B ) with a different program number which are ran consecutively in our FMS and now our operator wants them into one program ( A+B ). However, we have to be able to run them both separately as well. All those three programs ( A, B and A+B ) must have different program number. 

Use a macro variable and to jump over those one time FMS commands in you G65 call program.

Or make A B as subs and have one time commands in "main" than run a or b, or a and b based on operator requirments.

Could also use basic logig with a variable set to 0 or 1(on/off)

A hundred diffrent ways to this safely and with check conditions

In that case I'd use macros and still do the same.  You only have 3 situations to define so at the beginning you could set it so they only put a 1, 2, or 3 at the beginning:

#500=1. ( 1 runs condition A, 2 runs condition B, 3 runs condition AB)

IF #500= 1.GOTO100

IF #500=2.GOTO200

IF #500=3.GOTO300

N100

G65PA

N200

G65PB

N300

G65PAB

Without seeing the program or knowing more about it I really can't help much more than that.  Sounds like there is an issue with understanding/application at the control panel to me.

19 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Yes, the non-transformation works but program numbering does not. I have zero-tolerance to hand editing and the program number must be posted properly.

Easy method: use the content of "NC file name" variable!

(You will need a little mod in post.)

Original: 

pheader$         #Call before start of file                         
      "%", e$
      sav_spc = spaces$
      spaces$ = 0
      *progno$, sopen_prn, sprogname$, sclose_prn, e$

Modified:

pheader$         #Call before start of file                         
      "%", e$
      sav_spc = spaces$
      spaces$ = 0
      *sprogname$, sopen_prn, sprogname$, sclose_prn, e$

• 4 months later...

This was solved by using transform op's custom parameters. in pheader$

if trans_mi1$ <> 0, progno$ = trans_mi1$ 

Btw. Help says there are 10+10 custom parameters for transformations. I see only 4 ???

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SlaveCam said:

This was solved by using transform op's custom parameters. in pheader$

if trans_mi1$ <> 0, progno$ = trans_mi1$ 

Btw. Help says there are 10+10 custom parameters for transformations. I see only 4 ???

That was the case years ago, but looks like that has been reduced down to 4 x 4 and the documentation never updated.

I use macros to do what you're asking for on all of my programs whether the program is the same for each pallet or different. In my case #913=1 means run pallet A only. #913=2 means run pallet B only. #913=3 means run pallets A and B. I am now using this process for the main and sub chucks on our Mazak mill turn.