Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feed Per Revolution

1 hour ago, tsaladyga said:

Anyone know how to force Inch per revolution in the post?

I am pretty sure one of the "base posts" has this set up as an mi. If you can find it and run it through the debugger it should be pretty easy to make force the "branch" to always post ipr, if you don't want to have a choice.

1 hour ago, nickbe10 said:

Was working on my posts today, it's in  MPMASTER as mi6. forces G94 (units/min) to output as G95 (units /rev).

Oh.... Yes, all you need to do is the MI6.  If you want to change it just look for `gfeed of which contains G93, G94, G94, G95... Just change them at whatever code you want then it works fine.  If you want permanently all you need is to remove the "if mi6$........" then just *gfeed, force it at your demand output. 

2 minutes ago, PcRobotic said:

Oh.... Yes, all you need to do is the MI6.  If you want to change it just look for `gfeed of which contains G93, G94, G94, G95... Just change them at whatever code you want then it works fine.  If you want permanently all you need is to remove the "if mi6$........" then just *gfeed, force it at your demand output. 

It is dangerous to "just force it", when you don't know how everything works together. Just changing G94 to G95, will badly screw things up, if the "F" value is still in FPM mode. You'd have to check all locations where "mi6$" is used, to be sure the numbers are correct.

Also, the default format statement that is applied to the F variable is 2 place decimal. That is not precise enough for FPR output. Different control types allow different precision values. But I think 5 place inch/4 place metric, would be a good format to switch between.

Personally, I also add some logic to check the feed values, so if I typed in a feed value, less than 0.1, then automatically output FPR. If the feed value is above 1.0, and "FPR" output is enabled, then convert the value to FPR from FPM.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

My re-seller really screwed the post up with some custom crap. They actually changed the feed option in mi6$ with something that must have been for another customer. I was able to change it back but it took some doing. All is working as it should now thank to all of you helping.

Todd

You might be better off using one of the generic Okuma posts or using MPMaster just to be sure you're not winging it on some one's hack job - I am not implying that your reseller is a hack btw.  I personally would prefer an unmolested post to start with.

• Thanks 1