Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vertical Mill 5 axis contour tool path using Y and C axis

westerfieldc

1 minute ago, westerfieldc said:

Hmm, I think my post my not be set then.

Yes you must have a post for your machine that works with your 5 Axis toolpaths. If you do then the post should work if you don't then you will need a 5 Axis post or will need to work out one of the generic posts to give you the output your needing. You have a great dealer in your area might be surprised what reaching out to them will give you for help and support.

19 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

There are some cases where I think sub would be faster for the same result, like milling a chamfer around a cylinder from the side.  Could just be that I need more training on the live 5 operations though.

You have my email send me some examples of things you trying to accomplish and I will be glad to see what I can throw together to see if your correct.

I'm not sure you are looking for axis substitution.  axis substitution is for when your tool is perpendicular to the rotary axis.  Is that what you are looking for?  Axis substitution is not typically supported by 5 axis posts but can be implemented.

if you are looking for your tool to be parallel with the axis of rotation Mastercam has this function on the rotary axis tab that will use the C axis.  this functionality may be supported by your 5 axis posts, if not it can be implemented.

image.png.a2b708bba9f8bb5995d32268687557fb.png

if neither of these apply maybe post a pick of your part in backplot so we can get a better idea of what you are looking for.

HTH

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 11/30/2018 at 3:54 AM, Roger Peterson said:

I'm not sure you are looking for axis substitution.  axis substitution is for when your tool is perpendicular to the rotary axis.  Is that what you are looking for?  Axis substitution is not typically supported by 5 axis posts but can be implemented.

if you are looking for your tool to be parallel with the axis of rotation Mastercam has this function on the rotary axis tab that will use the C axis.  this functionality may be supported by your 5 axis posts, if not it can be implemented.

image.png.a2b708bba9f8bb5995d32268687557fb.png

if neither of these apply maybe post a pick of your part in backplot so we can get a better idea of what you are looking for.

HTH

Hi,  Generic Fanuc 5X mill .pst  support  this functionality ?