Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forcing 2019 to startup in mill 2D, not 3D

Kennamichael

I know in a previous version (X5 maybe?)I had the ability to force Mastercam2019 to startup in Mill 2D, instead of 3D for certain computers.

We have a nethasp and limited seats of 3D available.

One computer is primarily used  by a guy who only needs 2D so I am trying to figure out how to get his to startup in 2D so we have 3D available for the users on other computers who need it.

Thanks

All my icons on my desktop are set up with switches like that and every one works fine...

Can you post a screen shot of the icon paths as it is set?

I just referred to the Administrators guide which can be found here

C:\Program Files\Mcam2019\documentation\en-US

Try /M2 instead of M1....

2018-12-01_9-14-16.gif

For those who don't remember the configuration switches or aren't as familiar with modifying the shortcuts, there's also the Mastercam Launcher, where you can configure the launch settings to the license configuration you want, and then create a shortcut on your desktop with this configuration. 

Search Mastercam Launcher from your start bar or look here (for 2019):

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mastercam 2019\Utilities\

Launcher.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • 7 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 5:57 AM, Chally72 said:

For those who don't remember the configuration switches or aren't as familiar with modifying the shortcuts, there's also the Mastercam Launcher, where you can configure the launch settings to the license configuration you want, and then create a shortcut on your desktop with this configuration. 

I get an error about NetHASP not found, but I am using a HASP dongle installed on my machine.