Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thoughts on 3D Mouse?

Metallic

20 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

So, Gcode, 

you use both? how many hands do you have? lol

only 2 hands

the Cad Mouse is a replacement for a regular mouse

Left hand runs the 3D mouse , right hand runs the Cad Mouse ( or any other mouse you like)

$600 may sound like a lot of money, but it won't cover 1 visit to a hand surgeon and it will seem like a ton of $$$

when you're greeting people at WalMart cause your right hand cr@pped out and you  can't drive a computer anymore :p

A 3D mouse makes you a faster programmer and takes a big load off your mouse hand, adding years

to your career.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Programinator said:

Its no TOY!

Ohhhh noooo  😭 does this mean i'm not going to want to play with it... why buy the thing if I don't get to play?

it may sit in a drawer and become obsolete if I can't play ... we are all children at heart.

Mastercam is the only video game that I play, otherwise it would be too much screen time for me.

since the keyboard is a lot less useful now  :wallbash:Thanks, cnc software, this thing sounds like a good option even if u say it's no TOY.

16 minutes ago, jeff said:

Just got my SpaceMouse Wireless.

Gonna take some gettin used to I can tell ya that!

Already turned down teh speed!

set up a right click shortcut for "Select Motion Controller Rotation Position"

By default the Space Mouse rotates about file's main origin,

If your model is in aircraft space, or a really big model, this can send your part flying into space at the mere

touch of the Space Mouse

This command allows you to control the center of rotation which makes it much easier to use

This command is also located in the View menu

see attached file

Rotation Position.pdf

• Like 1
On 12/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, gcode said:

set up a right click shortcut for "Select Motion Controller Rotation Position"

By default the Space Mouse rotates about file's main origin,

If your model is in aircraft space, or a really big model, this can send your part flying into space at the mere

touch of the Space Mouse

This command allows you to control the center of rotation which makes it much easier to use

This command is also located in the View menu

see attached file

Rotation Position.pdf

i personally found that the advanced settings Up/Down version of zooming vs. the Forward/Backward works alot better for me.

I think im at about 25% speed at the moment.

Also I rather like the fact that the buttons are dependent upon which program youre actively in...for my browser i programmed them to page fwd/back. SW and mastercam have their own ones, mostly view orientation.

Untitled.png

12 hours ago, Metallic said:

i personally found that the advanced settings Up/Down version of zooming vs. the Forward/Backward works alot better for me.

I try to think of it like the model on the screen is in my hand that uses the 3d mouse.  If I wanted the part closer to me I would pull it toward my body.  That's the natural way I look at it so I leave it at the stock settings for zoom.  Tried it the up/down way and it made me dizzy. 

5 hours ago, Programinator said:

I try to think of it like the model on the screen is in my hand that uses the 3d mouse.  If I wanted the part closer to me I would pull it toward my body.  That's the natural way I look at it so I leave it at the stock settings for zoom.  Tried it the up/down way and it made me dizzy. 

If I'm leaning over my keyboard, toward my body is up.