Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nethasp and VPN

Mcam Nut

Find this file on the computer you are trying to use remotely

"C:\Program Files\Mcam2019\nethasp.ini"

open it and find this section

; Section-specific Keywords for the TCP/IP protocol.
;

;;NH_SERVER_ADDR = <Addr1>, <Addr2>  ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP         ; License Managers you want to search.
                                                                                                                                             ; Unlimited addresses are possible.
                                                                                                                                             ;
                                                                                                                                             ; Possible address format examples:
                                                                                                                                             ;  IP address:      192.114.176.65
                                                                                                                                             ;  Local Hostname:  ftp.aladdin.co.il

enter the IP address of your VPN server in the <Addr1> field and delete the remaining <Addr>s

once you get it working, copy the ini file to every MC version you want to run remotely

Every version has it's own nethasp.ini file and requires this edit

12 minutes ago, Mcam Nut said:

Wont let me modify the .ini file, must be something in windows that i have to change to allow me to modify files. Thanks for the reply, I will look into it tomorrow 

Window 10  grrrr!!!!!

copy the ini file to your My Documents

modify it as needed  then copy it back to it's proper location

NH_SERVER_ADDR = 173.252.63.148, <Addr2>     ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP 
                    ; License Managers you want to search.
                    ; Unlimited addresses are possible.
                    ;
                    ; Possible address format examples:
                    ;  IP address:      192.114.176.65
                    ;  Local Hostname:  ftp.aladdin.co.il

Is this in the correct location?

On the remote PC

launch this file

"C:\Program Files\Mcam2019\NHaspX.exe"

and set it to "network" then hit Read to test the connection

It doesn't matter which Mastercam version of nethasp.exe you use.

It will set that for all versions on your remote PC

You will need to put the edited copy of nethasp.ini in the root of every MC version your want to run remotely

1 minute ago, Mcam Nut said:

ping dosnt work, but i can access files on the network. must be a network problem

yes... if you can't ping the nethasp server's ip, Mastercam can't see the license

this has to work regardless of any nethasp.ini settings.

Once you are able to ping the correct IP you should be good to go.

Its possible the IT department has given you the wrong IP

On 12/4/2018 at 3:28 AM, GoetzInd said:

..... I used to do it with a dongle server years ago with traditional hasps and it worked really well.

Mike

I've been wanting to setup a home pc but was told I needed to switch my dongle to a nethasp  and my re-seller warned that it wasn't a supported.  Is there a way of doing this with a dongle?

Your network administrator will have to make sure that port 475 UDP is open from the VPN to the NetHasp server segement.  Even if you set the IP Address in the .ini file, if that port is not open between the two networks you'll not be able to see the license.  My suggestion, if you're using a standard HASP would be to run a remote desktop program like TeamViewer and work directly from your work Workstation.