Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Smart Machine Tool

jlw™

I really couldn't find much info on this brand

Entering my Cali zip code to find service and a dealer, yielded a guy on the East Coast

Under News and Press releases there is one PR... a VMC installation in Nov 2018. their first.

Can't tell if they are a new US company building machines, a shell company importing a foreign brand

or a foreign company trying to break into the US market under a new name

I couldn't find enough info to come close to a yea or nay decision.

I'm guessing these are Chinese machines with a pretty paint job

I think I'd let somebody else be the guinea pig before I put my money down

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, gcode said:

I hope they better at building machine tools than they are at math

Their biggest VTL has a 630" swing :whistle:

No kidding, That is a 393.7" table with a max swing of 629.9". Can you imagine the distance between columns? I wouldn't trust the rigidity of it with that much spread. Although admittedly I have not seen pictures of it.

An FPT Industries Vertigo with a 374.0" (9.5 meter) table only has a max swing of 472.4" (12 meter)

15 minutes ago, Brad Lisle said:

No kidding, That is a 393.7" table with a max swing of 629.9". Can you imagine the distance between columns? I wouldn't trust the rigidity of it with that much spread. Although admittedly I have not seen pictures of it.

An FPT Industries Vertigo with a 374.0" (9.5 meter) table only has a max swing of 472.4" (12 meter)

I don't think you will ever see a picture of that

I think someone bungled the decimal point when converting from metric to imperial :p

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Based on the numbers I don't think they would have made a decimal error.  The machine weighs 1.5 million pounds, and has close to a million pound table load.  It's just a damn big machine.  355 HP and 15 RPM.  That would be whippin at that diameter,

I think that entire page is a decimal error :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2