Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backfacing Operations

Hey guys,

Got a question about backfacing operations. Basically I got a tool that rapids in to M00 (requires a head to be placed on it), machines - backwards - the spotface to depth, and will need to rapid down (again M00 for tool removal), and rapids out.

Maybe a canned cycle? Definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Be careful with your m00 , I had to click force tool change in the path after the manual entry moo that I used the other day (mc2018), or the spindle would not start for the next operation!!!   the coolant stayed off too. 

It worked OK on a 2d path, but not the finish contour that I used next. the post missed the m 3s1234.

• Like 1

I think what I'm going to do is create a custom cycle by just authoring the G&M code and inserting it as a subroutine. That way the program will pull up to the location, then execute the subroutine. It's not doing anything crazy, just a few feed moves, a rapid, dwell, a stop, etc. I'll have to look into the spindle stopping after the M00, that could be an issue and most likely will be.

30 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

I'll be honest, I don't even know where to post that. I know that most guys on here have a in-depth knowledge of Mastercam, but I never got that kind of training or have messed around with it. If I was more knowledgeable, I'm sure I could do something with this, but at this point I'm not there.

Thanks though.

19 minutes ago, Kampfzentrum said:

I'll be honest, I don't even know where to post that. I know that most guys on here have a in-depth knowledge of Mastercam, but I never got that kind of training or have messed around with it. If I was more knowledgeable, I'm sure I could do something with this, but at this point I'm not there.

Thanks though.

Then I suggest you get a hold of your dealer and let them help you if you want to use a drilling cycle.

You can use Manual Entry to do this also.