Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.ipt files

elraiis

hey Guys.. 

I got a bunch of files to quote but they are .ipt extension. when I try to open it; it asks for inventor reader or something like that.... is there an easy quick patch or fix for mastercam to be able to open such files? anyone familiar with this? thx guys... am using mastercam2019

54 minutes ago, elraiis said:

is there an easy quick patch or fix

Probably not, there are several "native" CAD types which require a specific reader, CATIA being the most used in aerospace, yours requires an Autiocad Inventor reader. I don't think there is an MC add on, could be wrong tho'.

The easiest fix is to get them to save them as parasolid .x_t files, which is the best file transfer protocol, and get them to send them to you in that format.

• Thanks 1