Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS VF3SS with TR200Y

Needing some clarification on what I am doing. 

I have a TR in which the Tilt axis runs parallel to the Y (A) and the Rotary (B) runs parallel to the X. When I command a A90. it sends my tilt to the left to where (B) platter top  is facing the X+ direction.

Question 2) I have manipulated the post enough to as when I look at the code it seems correct. When i run in simulator it gets all crazy. I built the simulator myself so would that be just switching orientation again?

Question 3) It seems my planes shift are sketchy at best (constant G17) so would anyone with a proven post similar to mine be willing to just check my 5 axis block? I essentially just went of the Generic 5 axis and modified it until I got it to work. I just want to double check and confirm.

Ultimately if I am doing 3+2 and it post right....could I assume that a true 5 would post correctly too?

You must have a post tied to the simulator to get the simulator to match your posted code. That is not something the common user has or is given access to know how to do it.

No you cannot assume anything with regards to 5 Axis. 3+2 is one thing and full 5 Axis is another and if you want to crash your machine you assume. If you don't want to crash your machine you go through and prove what you know to know what you know to not assume anything.