Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Translate Stock Model

bigmacks

Hi guys, just wondering if someone could guide me through transforming a stock model for future operations?

basically I am hoping to create a stock model for my first toolpath group and then copy it to my next group but it needs to be rotated a set amount and then remachined.

is this something I am able to do ? and if so will it still be associative to the source operations of the first group?

The best way to do this is leave your stock model where it is and use a new WCS for the next group of toolpaths.

This will maintain associativity to the operations that created the stock .

If you don't want to do that, you can save it as an STL file, use Transform for move it as required, then make a new stock model

with the translated stl file. You will  lose associativity if you go that route though

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I don't have the option to do this. When I click on the "Savs Stock as STL" icon, a Windows dialog opens for where to save the STL, no options, other than "Save" & "Cancel"

MC2018 & Windows 7

you have this option when saving a solid model as an STL

and you can save a stock model as a pmesh from the tool path manager

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Metallic said:

Why is a pmesh better than an STL? I also cannot find the option to save as pmesh, if anyone can post a screenshot maybe?

Thanks

A better question is why are you still using stl's in the first place, you should be able to do everything you need with stock models without exporting or saving any stl files in my opinion. That might be a better road to venture down rather than focusing on saving and moving stls or pmeshes around

1 hour ago, JoshC said:

A better question is why are you still using stl's in the first place, you should be able to do everything you need with stock models without exporting or saving any stl files in my opinion. That might be a better road to venture down rather than focusing on saving and moving stls or pmeshes around

Sometimes stock model simply crashes my mastercam completely on certain parts for no reason. They can take a lot of time to generate. IDK

52 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Well, this is a drag. Since I did this, when I run Verify, it ignores my choice of stock model and, instead uses the pmesh I created for the fixture.

If its only a Pmesh you can create a stock model from a pmesh, 

Also, don't forget the most important step, click the button to the right of verify called simulation options and make sure simulation options is on the stock or stock model you wish to have show in verify.

4 hours ago, JoshC said:

If its only a Pmesh you can create a stock model from a pmesh

I created the pmesh from my stock model. I just deleted the pmesh. I can use the stock model, I was just hoping for a way that I could display my fixture, in the setup viewsheet, without needing to turn on or off, the visability of the stock model.

Using the pmesh on a level accomplished that. But doing so, at the expense of my verify being useful, ain't worth it.

1 minute ago, So not a Guru said:

I created the pmesh from my stock model. I just deleted the pmesh. I can use the stock model, I was just hoping for a way that I could display my fixture, in the setup viewsheet, without needing to turn on or off, the visability of the stock model.

Using the pmesh on a level accomplished that. But doing so, at the expense of my verify being useful, ain't worth it.

hmm thats odd, i wouldn't think a Pmesh on a level would effect the verify, normally the simulation options settings controls this i believe.