Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam 2018 Mouse Wheel Issue

dwilson357

Hey Folks,

was running mastercam 2018 on a windows 7 PC for most of the year and had no issues.

I Just switched to a windows 10 PC, with a Microsoft wireless keyboard mouse combo and am having issues with the zoom wheel.

When I zoom in, it zooms out. When I Zoom out, it zooms out.

Any ideas?

I found a thread with a similar issue with x5 but half of the settings they fiddled with are obsolete now it seems.

Thanks,

Dwilson357

I've had to uninstall the Microsoft mouse driver before because no matter what I did it always zoomed out at an uncontrollable rate.   I haven't ran across anyone with the Microsoft drivers installed in a few years, though, so I'm not sure if it's still the case.  After I uninstalled it, everything would work normally.  The drivers didn't add any functionality, either.

Thanks for the replies,

I would've replied sooner but I hit my post limit yesterday I guess.

I was able to resolve the issue with Microsoft mouse and keyboard manager, I had noticed the mouse  wheel had what seemed like a lot of side to side play, this turned out to be for "horizontal scrolling". I disable horizontal scrolling with the Microsoft manager and every thing works as it should!

I discovered this yesterday while looking to uninstall the Microsoft drivers. However all I had for drivers for the mouse was a "HID compliant mouse", with no rollback options.

Thanks for the help!

On 12/14/2018 at 10:38 AM, Jayson kramer@ CNC Software said:

There has been issues with Microsoft mouse's for many years. Stopped using them for that reason over 15 years ago. Doing what Aaron stated by letting go to the default drivers works the best.

I went through 3 mice before I swore off Microsoft. Logitec all the way!

The last time I spoke to QC about this, and it was quite a few years ago, their response was "its a Microsoft problem, not ours". Funny, I don't have any problems with any other software, and it was after the interface change to X8 from memory (I could be wroing, it could have been an earlier interface change).

I use a Microsoft mouse (without the Microsoft drivers), and like them, and also use a 3DConnexion Spacemouse, so I stick with that for my zoom nowadays.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, Mick said:

The last time I spoke to QC about this, and it was quite a few years ago, their response was "its a Microsoft problem, not ours". Funny, I don't have any problems with any other software, and it was after the interface change to X8 from memory (I could be wroing, it could have been an earlier interface change). 

I use a Microsoft mouse (without the Microsoft drivers), and like them, and also use a 3DConnexion Spacemouse, so I stick with that for my zoom nowadays.

Back in the day, I used to have the same issue in Autodesk Inventor and Autocad(?)  Perhaps it was Autocad Architectural or Mechanical?  I can't remember which specifically.  That was a long time ago :).  I haven't gotten to run inventor in at least 10 years and Autocad for much longer than that, but that's what let me know what to look at when I started selling Mastercam and ran into it with a customer's install.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Mick said:

Good to know that. Even though the only application that I would need to check that option would be Mastercam 😂

it effects many softwares even though you may not have witnessed it. if you do even a basic search on a search engine for Microsoft zoom problems you will see many people have issues with microsoft mice in autocad, Internet explorer, edge, and many other software's. I see you are trying to take a Jab at mastercam here but its not their problem, its microsofts, and looks like they now have addressed it.

• 1 year later...

Just in case anyone has this problem, I fixed it in the Mouse properties menu of Windows. I searched Microsoft Mouse in windows explorer, I disabled (unchecked) horizontal scrolling in the wheel options, and I disabled the zoom button that is located on the side of the mouse.   

Now my Microsoft mouse zooms in and out as it should, not just zoom away in both directions.