Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to make this part in 5axis

ken wong

Well I would hold it with a thing a giggy then I would turn it to the right and remove material on one face. Then I would machine the other face and call it a day.

That is about a clear as you made it. 😁

How would I make it on what piece of equipment? What is the Material and size? What are the tolerances? What is the run quantity?

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, ken wong said:

how to make this 2 end off this part

Pivot Head.mcam

The ends of the part would require simultaneous 4 axis tpath ifen yer not wanting to do those as  3+1, for the rest of the part rotate to position with tplanes lock it down and run a surface tpath. I would also suggest moving the part to rotate around Mcam's X axis or create a custom WCS with the axis running through the center. If you have a solid model just use that instead of converting to surfaces.

Whats the material? I've successfully formed sharp corners inside a concave cavity by surfacing a negative "die", a little bit of heat treating and using a press.  This parts not really that big should be able to form it then machine to blend. 

had a R.007 max, formed it then surfaces the flipside after.

Untitled.thumb.png.e2b7028057d31ad48189fbd39ec717f4.png

I am sorry for giving  not much information , the part is from aluminum 6061 with tol:+/-.005 with quality  5pcs only but we really care about both end shape with sharp corner  how to machine it we have full 4 axis and full 5 axis. 3d printing, edm or die is not an option my boss said it was machined by some other company before