Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOLS COOLANT SETTINGS

Hello all,

After experimenting I found that when using the external Tool Manager, I can set both the "old style" and the "X-style" coolant in each tool.

For example, I can set  "Mist" in old style for one machine, but have  "Through Spindle , After" set for another machine using "X-style".

These settings seem to be stored in the tool library.  I created a simple contour cut while having an old style machine definition loaded, and the TOOL's coolant settings

came through correctly. I then deleted the toolpath, loaded a X-style machine definition and created the same path and pulling the same tool from the same library.

The TOOL's coolant settings came through correctly again.  So it does seem that both styles of coolant are stored with the tool in the library.

Does anyone have a code snippet to share that will allow me to set the tool's coolant options?

I can set the old style mode, but I am having some issues with the X-style tool settings.  

As always, any and all help is very much appreciated.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have been working pretty hard over the last month to get an understanding of how the API works.  I feel like I have made enough progress to begin to understand some of the answers I might get.  Given that, I would like to re-visit the above question.

We are  under maintenance and should be running 2019.  However, we are currently running Mastercam X9.  Please consider the version level we are using in your response.

In the EXTERNAL tool manager, the tool's coolant options can be set for both OLD STYLE and X-Style coolant.  In the MCX-9 version API, can both sets of coolant setting be read?  Can the X-STYLE settings be applied to the tool using the API?.  If so, can someone please help me along by a short explanation?

If it cannot be read by MCX-9, at what version does it become accessible through the API?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

Regards,

Steven

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, srbeyke said:

Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

So what about the switch in the CD? That pretty much forces either X style OR V9, no selection here which allows BOTH and it is this that controls the pathways in the post. Wouldn't you have to disable that in some way?

Colin,

Actually, I thought I had posted in the right forum.  If not, I do apologize.  

I have contacted support for their input.

The basis of my problem is that I am currently using both formats of coolant.  The problem occurs when I load a machine definition with the "other" style of coolant.  The settings are fouled up.  I must then go through manually and reset the tool settings, and then reset each of the operations settings.  Thought it would be nice to have a single mouse click to do the job.

Thanks for responding

Steven

• Huh? 1

Nickbe10,

We use several machine definitions / posts daily.  It is too easy to start programming a part and then find you have the wrong machine loaded.

I am trying to find a way around it.  So far, I can change "X" style to V9, but not the other way around.  Still working at it though.

You mention SWITCH in the CD.  To what are you referring?  Maybe I missed the obvious.

Steven

12 minutes ago, srbeyke said:

Nickbe10,

We use several machine definitions / posts daily.  It is too easy to start programming a part and then find you have the wrong machine loaded.

I am trying to find a way around it.  So far, I can change "X" style to V9, but not the other way around.  Still working at it though.

You mention SWITCH in the CD.  To what are you referring?  Maybe I missed the obvious.

Steven

The 'switch' is in the Machine Definition > General Machine Parameters Dialog Box > Coolant Tab.

Here the 'support Coolant using coolant variable in Post' switch (checkbox), is the switch that disables "X-Style" coolant. (Disabling X Coolant, enables V9 Coolant.)