Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling peck in backplot

Programinator

When backploting a drilling toolpath I just hit the s button.  For some reason now its showing every peck when It used to show only the first peck and then drop down to final depth.  I liked it to just show the first peck and then drop down to final depth because it was way less time on the s key.  I don't know if something was changed from update 2 to 3 or if I changed something without knowing it.  How do I get it back.....

here is what I have 

pecking.GIF

3 minutes ago, CJep said:

Yes, in Mcam 2019 the backplot now shows the pecks if activated in the drilling tpath.

No option to turn that off that I'm aware of.

but is this a change for update 3?  Because in update 2 it was not the same.  I remember when I first got 2019 it showed all the pecks until I put subsequent peck to 0.  then it did not show all pecks but still posted out correctly.  That's if im remembering correctly.  kind of fuzzy

1 minute ago, Chally72 said:

Yes, there has been a change for update 3. Many people considered the previous behavior as not ideal.

I loved it.  Was way faster and you could tell it was going to peck but you didn't have to visually see it doing all the pecks.  It looks nice seeing the pecks I agree and is what the machine will do but its painful when doing backplot.  Time waster in my opinion.

59 minutes ago, Programinator said:

Would be nice to have the option to toggle on and off pecking in backplot!!

and you will have that option in MC2020

as a developer it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation

People have been screaming for realistic drilling backplot for years

Now we've got it, and many people don't like it.

In hindsight they should have included an on/off switch when they added this upgrade.

This is definitely something that should be doable in a custom DLL. We have different uses for the custom drill cycles and hard-coding movement pattern to them is not a good thing IMO, especially when there many variables even to a simple pecking cycle so you should then be able to adjust them all to get 100% proper backplot.