Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Partial backplot lines still showing on screen

Roger

I can't get rid of these back plot lines.  Anyone know what might be causing this?  I even tried closing MC and restarted. Nope...........

I tried back plotting other tool paths.  Nope..........

The toolpath is for ALL the pockets, it's only showing a partial........

Untitled.jpg

No, the way that button works is, if you click 'Save', it will save out whatever is currently displayed in backplot as geometry. So, if you pulled your backplot timeline slider halfway through the op and hit save, it saves out the displayed first half of the op as lines/arcs/etc onto a level. It's not a modal button that stays on- you just have the option to save off what is displayed whenever you want, every time you go into backplot.

There are some really neat 5axis tricks you can do with this button and combining it with the use of 'restrict drawing' buttons in backplot, and displaying vector lines through the backplot interface, that let you create very slick "From" drive splines for 5axis paths, for example.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

No, the way that button works is, if you click 'Save', it will save out whatever is currently displayed in backplot as geometry. So, if you pulled your backplot timeline slider halfway through the op and hit save, it saves out the displayed first half of the op as lines/arcs/etc onto a level. It's not a modal button that stays on- you just have the option to save off what is displayed whenever you want, every time you go into backplot.

There are some really neat 5axis tricks you can do with this button and combining it with the use of 'restrict drawing' buttons in backplot, and displaying vector lines through the backplot interface, that let you create very slick "From" drive splines for 5axis paths, for example. 

Thanks!!  That is nice to know!  I still don't know how it drew it on the screen, because I've NEVER used it before.

I just deleted the lines, and I'm continuing with my "mission" 🤪

:cheers: Merry Christmas!! :cheers:

6 minutes ago, CJep said:

The "save as geom" button in the backplot has been there for quite some time

I think I was using this back in V9 for some 5 Axis stuff when we didn't really have 5 Axis stuff. I was Dynamically milling in 5 Axis back then. I would take a pocket toolpath and then convert it to 5 Axis the old school way of projecting the save geometry onto the surface I wanted to cut. I would then use Curve 5 Axis to drive the toolpath. It was the only way I could cut aluminum on a Thermood Model 67 Router for wood.

• Like 2
Just now, Seedy steve said:

That is what I said, but it used to work differently. It would make the geometry as you back plotted. now it is more like a snapshot.

Not sure if you are saying you like the old way better than the new way reading that. I like the way it is now, verses the old way. I will use the tools to give me just some of the areas I want information from and now only get that. Before with getting everything you had to back plot to the very end to get just that information and then go back and delete all the extra geometry you didn't want.

3 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

I just have growing pains trying to function in a changed workspace .

not saying a lot of stuff aint better. only tough to get through because I used V9 until a few years ago. then took a break:animier:

been on 2017/18 for a couple months now.

A decade and a half change in software version will put just about anyone behind the curve for a good while.

6 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

not saying a lot of stuff aint better. only tough to get through because I used V9 until a few years ago. then took a break:animier:

Point taken. I have my 2019 about fully switched to one ribbon full QAT, must have one to not crash it. I have most recent to the left only showing tool icons. I have my levels and operations manager to the Left screen. I will part the planes manager on the Laptop screen with Mastercam session in the middle screen. 2020 will allow no ribbons so looking forward to only seeing them when I make toolpaths.  

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

Wholly crap, you went from Mcam V9 to Mcam 2018?

That's like working with a different program.

sorry Rodger: off topic swerve

• Like 1