Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill Turn You Tube video

gcode

We had a demo here and are seriously considering it for our twin spindle, twin turret and B-axis head Doosans.

However you should note:

Only limited machine makes/models (luckily for us they do both our machines)

You are completely at the mercy of your reseller at the moment for system set up, that includes your tool load. Note this is driven by MP.NET so your reseller will need to be familiar enough to edit the post processor to you liking.

If you have an unhelpful/weak reseller it could get difficult. I am sure you could get CNC (if your reseller completely failed) involved but you will the be playing the waiting game behind all the others in the same boat.

These are all very complicated machines, if your machine has been set up in a way the "out of the box" post and associated files gives you what you want, the next step is to buy a lottery ticket.

If you want to add tools you have to send it back to your reseller, word 'round the campfire is that they will be giving access to users at some point to the tool manger and other things, probably some official training will be required.

These new "machine environments" are still very much in the development stage, hence the limited access.

We had a guy out of Texas giving us the 5 cent tour for our Demo, he and the software were pretty impressive.

The synch manager was very straight forward.

We had to suspend our interest due to other problems in the shop, but I am sure we will get it eventually.

4 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

When you say add tools = send it to your reseller, am I reading this to mean exactly what you wrote???

I'm pretty sure he meant to say tool mounting blocks.....if you need any that are not already in, it must be done by qualified reseller or CNC

4 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

When you say add tools = send it to your reseller, am I reading this to mean exactly what you wrote???

It's not so much the tools but the tool holders, like the blocks that allow you to partial index the turret. There are standard holders in the gmd file however to add a solid model that was downloaded from a manufacture then it takes some work to prep the file and load it into the gmd.

47 minutes ago, Old_Bear said:

I'm pretty sure he meant to say tool mounting blocks.....if you need any that are not already in, it must be done by qualified reseller or CNC

That's a ball ache then surely? Okay, lots of tool blocks are reasonably standardised, but lots aren't.

Just now, Newbeeee™ said:

That's a ball ache then surely? Okay, lots of tool blocks are reasonably standardised, but lots aren't.

Done once and it's in there....that's something that is "supposed" to be opened up eventually and in truth, it needs to be, as does the ability to switch from a chuck to a spindle nose

That flexibility at the user level is highly desirable

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old_Bear said:

Done once and it's in there....that's something that is "supposed" to be opened up eventually and in truth, it needs to be, as does the ability to switch from a chuck to a spindle nose

You wont have to wait long!

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, nickbe10 said:

You are completely at the mercy of your reseller at the moment for system set up, that includes your tool load. Note this is driven by MP.NET so your reseller will need to be familiar enough to edit the post processor to you liking.

If you have an unhelpful/weak reseller it could get difficult. I am sure you could get CNC (if your reseller completely failed) involved but you will the be playing the waiting game behind all the others in the same boat.

That is a scary is scenario.... and well.... *bites tongue* 😂

• Haha 2
  • 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, KimberlyPowell said:

2021 Has the ability doing that for a customer with Royal and Ktiagawa chuck with no issues.

7 hours ago, KimberlyPowell said:

Quote me often?

• Haha 3