Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone use a newer Fadal?

My boss bought one i've been using for almost a year, and just last week he told me hes selling my Leadwell and buying another fadal. I still haven't figured out how to jump through the program even with the control manual. I put line numbers back into my post and tried it like i can do on a Leadwell. Try to explain a bit better. So on the leadwell i would go to where it reads the tool length, then page down to a G0 Z1. the machine would just move 1 inch above the part and move to that point in the program. The fadal doesn't do that, tried it once and it G0'd on the Z axis, coming within 2" of crashing the machine, scaring the complete crap out of me, have never tried it again. I will be able to ask the guys when they bring the machine but really haven't been much help.

What control? I know when they first came back this last go around they were putting FANUC controls on them, but now its a FADAL control. 

I would try starting off with single block on, then single block past the G43 line, that way the look-ahead is limited, then jump to where you want. I used to do this on FANUCs or put a GOTO line after the G43 line to do the jump automatically in the program with. Either way be cautious. 

The GOTO line should work for pretty much any control. Unless the machine doesn't have the function/ option turned on.  

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, myemail said:

Don't worry. You have plenty of time to figure it out while you are waiting for it to tool change.

ya, i totally get that, but my boss didnt really need a super fast cnc, i do mostly small runs(like 10-20 parts). so most of the time the machine is sitting idle as i set it up. figured there would be a little something on youtube but still no luck.

Fadal will run fanuc style programs. in the parameters (SETP) you can set format 1= fadal (E1 for work offsets etc.) or format 2= fanuc (G54 work offset etc G43 tool length).

used to run a mill with fanuc OM control and a Fadal with 88HS control (set format 2) using the same programs in either one.

• 2 weeks later...