Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Right Angle Aggregate HELP!

Kampfzentrum

Got a HMC and we have a right angle head for it. I've never programmed for it so I searched the forum and came up with quite a bit of information but am unsure how to execute. So I've gotten this far:

After completing all of my normal machining (no RAH) I created a new machine group and went into the Machine Definition Manager and on the opening screen I can see "Dual Outlet Right Angle Aggregate" and "Four Outlet Right Angle Aggregate". I'm assuming I have to select one of these but three questions:

1. By making any changes for this Machine Definition, it will only make changes to this particular machine group, correct? I don't want to make any permanent alterations to the post.
  2. Which do I use? Dual Outlet Right Angle Aggregate or Four Outlet Right Angle Aggregate? What is the difference?
  3. Once I determine what aggregate to use, what do I do to apply it?

Could really use some help. Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, Kampfzentrum said:

Got a HMC and we have a right angle head for it. I've never programmed for it so I searched the forum and came up with quite a bit of information but am unsure how to execute. So I've gotten this far:

After completing all of my normal machining (no RAH) I created a new machine group and went into the Machine Definition Manager and on the opening screen I can see "Dual Outlet Right Angle Aggregate" and "Four Outlet Right Angle Aggregate". I'm assuming I have to select one of these but three questions:

1. By making any changes for this Machine Definition, it will only make changes to this particular machine group, correct? I don't want to make any permanent alterations to the post.
  2. Which do I use? Dual Outlet Right Angle Aggregate or Four Outlet Right Angle Aggregate? What is the difference?
  3. Once I determine what aggregate to use, what do I do to apply it?

Could really use some help. Thanks in advance.

Deep one you just jumped off into.

#1 Why don't you want to make changes to the machine group?

#2 What is your right angle head? Is it either of these? Are you going to point it X+,X-,Y+ or Y-?

#3 You can only apply it is the post has been configured to support it. Has your post been configured to support a RAH? I have not used the internal RAH in Mastercam since about X4. I have use a mi trigger in posts from 3rd party post builders and never looked back. It is suppose to work out of the box from CNC Software, but I have never been able to find a demo to download and work with.

Your best direction is to get a hold of your reseller or a consultant and have them help you if you need this done in a hurry. If you have time to figure it out and work with it then move on like your are.

• Like 1
  1. Well, I'm not a pro at post editing, so it unnerves me a bit, but you are correct... I should want to change it.
  2. I'm going to point the RAH in X+ and X-. I guess it's the terminology I've never heard.
  3. When I go into the Machine Definition Manager, it doesn't have the RAH Aggregates in the Machine Configuration box, so I think not.

I did contact my Mastercam reseller and they said they are going to configure the post to accept a RAH, but it is going to cost $$$ - even if I pay maintenance, does that sound right?

1 hour ago, Kampfzentrum said:
  1. Well, I'm not a pro at post editing, so it unnerves me a bit, but you are correct... I should want to change it.
  2. I'm going to point the RAH in X+ and X-. I guess it's the terminology I've never heard.
  3. When I go into the Machine Definition Manager, it doesn't have the RAH Aggregates in the Machine Configuration box, so I think not.

I did contact my Mastercam reseller and they said they are going to configure the post to accept a RAH, but it is going to cost $$$ - even if I pay maintenance, does that sound right?

Yes sometimes post changes do cost money that is what it is. I can make code that will run a RAH all day long that makes sense to me, but I don't program things I do I program for customers who have to take what I program and run it. If they want to make changes later then they need a robust process to do so and having a correctly configured post MMD and CMD are what makes that possible. Pay for it now or pay for it later there are always cost associated to doing anything it can be upfront getting the correct post and things working like they are supposed to be or over time with crashes, problem, errors and scrapped parts.

• Like 1

For any one needing quick and dirty RAH support, the "Generic Haas VF-TR_Series 5X Mill.pst" supports RAH out of the box.  It's very easy to get what you want out of the post and I have used that post more than the Generic Fanuc 5ax post.

• Thanks 2