Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Issue Turning in the Right Spindle after Cutoff/Pickoff

Chaotic5555

Hey Everyone, this is my first time posting so let me know if I screw up any formatting or anything like that.  Appreciate it in advance!

I am finally starting to write programs that integrate the Cutoff Pickoff function on machines at my company but have been having issues within MasterCam trying to practice this.  The part that I'm making should be a very simple part but for whatever reason I can't seem to switch the plane that the tool cuts in.  I cant change it to cut the stock that's in the right spindle.  I have attached photos of the issues that I'm having as well as the tool that I'm using to try and cut with.  I have been trying to use many different tools with no luck and even after switching the Axis Combination, the tool still gives me an error message.  

You may notice that I'm using a rough parameter with 0.0 stock to leave in X and Y.  This is because I thought that I was making some progress with it when I got a rough plot to back plot but after looking at it again It wasn't actually cutting any stock which is the only reason it wasn't giving an error message :( 

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Error Message.png

Rough parameters.png

Stock I'm trying to cut.png

Tool Setup.png

Toolpath parameters.png

Stock I'm trying to cut.png

2 hours ago, Chaotic5555 said:

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

You are trying to do a cut off op using a lathe rough contour toolpath.

You are also trying to do a cut off op using a facing tool.

Not quite sure exactly what you are trying to achieve.......?

36 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

You are trying to do a cut off op using a lathe rough contour toolpath.

You are also trying to do a cut off op using a facing tool.

Not quite sure exactly what you are trying to achieve.......?

Don't know if I explained it correctly.  I already performed the cutoff operation.  I'm currently attempting to rough the right spindle rather then the left spindle that I started on.  Here's a picture of the full view.  I'm not having an issue doing any cutoff operation, I'm having an issue doing a rough pass.  662411997_Fullview.thumb.png.1f36a5c2c9f7e30621d581a66864133d.png

You are trying to work in the Right Spindle. Problem is don't trust what you read you need to trust what you see. I see the Left Spindle showing as highlighted in the picture not the right spindle. Here is a Lower Right Spindle Project I just did in 2019 last week. Notice I have a Z value for the difference between the Left Spindle and the Right Spindle.

image.png.b313e3cdb8fdc76c30a36f627f567f58.png

It make say right, but it looks like it is stuck on left.