Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G93/G94 interleaving in a Parallel op, MPMASTER

Hey guys-

Running 2017 and MPMASTER for a 4 axis machine. My controller is having some trouble swallowing a bunch of interleaved G93 and G94 lines in a complex 4 axis cut- perhaps a buffering thing- where it seems to believe some of the G93 F commands are G94 IPM feedrates- and things lurch about. Anyway, I wanted to just pin the code into G93 mode, but it seems that option isn’t fully controllable via the Control Definition for MPMASTER. If I set all options under ‘Feed/Mill’ to Use Inverse, I would expect to only see G93 output. But I still get G94s intermittently through the file- perhaps 10% of the lines in a given 4-axis op.

I know that in MPMASTER there is under pfcalc a commented line which is itself commented as ‘G93 rotary / G93 linear’. And, if I enable that line, and comment out the default G93 Rotary / G94 linear, I do get only G94 output. But I also get an error message in the post process:

PST LINE (3834) - The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[85]

And with that, a series of errors like:

09 Jan 2019 06:54:09 PM - RUN TIME -PST(3834)- The math calculation/formula has an error

09 Jan 2019 06:54:09 PM - RUN TIME -PST(3847)- The math calculation/formula has an error

Line 3834 is the as-stock logic:

if not(use_frinv) & (abs(fmtrnd(cabs)-prvcabs) <= 0.001 | index | not(rot_feed) | opcode = 3), pfcalc_u_min  # G93 rotary / G93 linear

So, I don’t quite know what is going on. The output appears to be valid, but its hard to know is the math calculations warning is real (and yielding invalid output), or just some oversensitive whatever. Any ideas on how to pin the post into G93 mode for this type of file?

As always- thanks guys- very grateful for your insight.

It's been a long time since I used inverse time feed rates, but I recall the post outputting G93 inverse time feed rates for the rotary

motion and going back to G94 ipm for Z axis motion.

The machines I ran did not have any issues with this output though.

Look at the code carefully.. are the G94 and the IPM feed rates being output on the same line

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I had already set all feed options to ‘use inverse.’ I mentioned that in my initial post- sorry I wasn’t clear with that.

But yea, I had expected that when all mill options were defined as ‘use inverse,’ that is all you should see from the post. It seems as if perhaps the MPMASTER implementation doesn’t function quite correctly in this regard, or perhaps some edit to the post in the past has caused it to not apply to certain motions, but apply to others.

For now, I have just modified the controller itself to better deal with the mode changes- just tweaking some acceleration values and buffering etc, and that seems to make it able to swallow these rapidly changing modes.

But if anyone comes across a solution for this- where if all Mill feed options are set to ‘use inverse’ and you still see unit/min outputs for 5-axis linear motions, Id be happy to know the trick-

Thanks guys