Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam losing focus

Programinator

So for a while now I have seen this.  Its random and unpredictable but happens frequently.  For example when using Bounding Box.  The dialog box will pop up to set the parameters and everything will be grayed out and not register my mouse clicks visually even though it really is registering the clicks.  If I then click in a text field to enter a value for the size of the bounding box it does not register visually that I am in that text box.  BUT as soon as I start to type a value the whole window suddenly becomes in focus and like normal. 

This happens on other things as well,  Not just the Bounding Box dialog.

It has happened to me on multiple workstations and was doing it in 2018 as well

Anyone seeing this thing pop up?

23 minutes ago, Greg_J said:

Do you use multiple screens?

I get the same issue but if I dock the toolpath manager to my primary screen it fixes the problem.

I do use multiple screens and have my toolpath manager docked on separate screen.  I don't know how I can work otherwise.  I guess I will just have to deal with it as I have been doing.  If the multiple screen is the issue than I would think that many would be experiencing this problem.  So why is it so random then?

This issue I have is repeatable.

If I try to create a 3D lathe tool with my toolpath manager on my second screen I get the same results that you get; same with creating a safety zone in a Multi-axis toolpath.

My fix is just to dock the toolpath manager before I do the above listed tasks untill they fix the issue.

It may be a graphic card driver issue but I do have the current version for my card, but do you?