Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

posting subs to seperate files?

Was curious if anyone knew of a way to post a program and have the subs post to their own files? 

Our brother cnc only have 2 meg total limit per pallet, so with all the production I need to sub out my parts to reduce file size.  And currenlty I have tried everything I can think of to have a program send in as one file and have all the subs go to their own programs like a fanuc will. But every time it hits M30 or M99 machine will stop the send in and ignore the sub files. So in order to save me a ton of not having to edit out each sub program and save them to their own files, then send them in. I was hoping someone knew a way to have the post processor post the subs into their own files relative to their program number?

That sounds like a lot of work both in the post and loading all the files. Is it possible to change M30 to M?? and M99 to M?? in the post, then search and replace the two codes in the machine after the program is loaded?

Edit; Can you create special M-codes on this machine? If so you could create a "M3000" for M30 and "M9999" for M99. Make your M9999 program M99: and M3000 program M30;

I don't know if that would work but I would try anything before loading 50 different subprograms.

• 2 weeks later...

I responded on the Mastercam forum. Thought I would respond here also so others know how well this worked.

Hi Craig,

I assume you are Craig-B on the emastercam forum. You put this link in my post question about a week ago. Got around to trying it out, and it works great and will save me a ton of time. So thank you for making me aware of this post. 

Was curious if you knew how to change a few things to make it perfect for us. Each sub get put into a file of their own. So if you have main program O0050 it will make the start of the sub look like this.

O0051
G91
Z-1.....

Is is possible that you know of to add % to the begining and end of the subs? and maybe the main part name?

%
O0051( PART )
G91
Z-1.....
%

The ( PART ) would just help with future deleting of programs. to know what we are deleting. Adding the % would just help with never having to edit subs completely.