Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Smoothness settings adjustment

Hello everyone, thanks for reading through and giving me your input...

I have a HAAS post that I have modified for MAZAK use and all is working great. I had to just omit the line ( with a # ) that posts out the HAAS G187 P* smoothness settings. 

well, we now need to use the MAZAK G61.1 smoothness settings. so I changed the callout to G61.1 P* from G187 P*. That is working fine. 

My question is how does the P* get changed? there are P0 "OFF", P1 "rough", P2 " Medium" and P3 " Finish"

Where do these P values get set from? Is it in each operation as in I can set rough off and finish for each one? or is it in the post? I have no experience with this so any help is greatly appreciated. 

Dan 

30 minutes ago, DCOPE17 said:

I have a HAAS post

If this is a Generic CNC post it would probably be worth going into an MPMaster and looking at how they handle High Speed look ahead  calls for various machines. There are several different mechanisms in there. It is handled using Mis and Mrs on the Misc. tab.

If they don't have exactly what you need it will probably be a good starting point.

• 4 years later...
22 hours ago, Nut said:

How exactly did you get your post processor to omit G187? Using HAAS 3 Axis machine type and Mastercam 2023.

Downloaded the generic haas post and use the switch built into it would be my guess. Go to the Mastercam Website and Tech exchange and they have free posts. This site also has a free post that does that also.