Sign in to follow this  
DCOPE17

Smoothness settings adjustment

Hello everyone, thanks for reading through and giving me your input...

I have a HAAS post that I have modified for MAZAK use and all is working great. I had to just omit the line ( with a # ) that posts out the HAAS G187 P* smoothness settings. 

well, we now need to use the MAZAK G61.1 smoothness settings. so I changed the callout to G61.1 P* from G187 P*. That is working fine. 

My question is how does the P* get changed? there are P0 "OFF", P1 "rough", P2 " Medium" and P3 " Finish"

Where do these P values get set from? Is it in each operation as in I can set rough off and finish for each one? or is it in the post? I have no experience with this so any help is greatly appreciated. 

Dan 

30 minutes ago, DCOPE17 said:

I have a HAAS post

If this is a Generic CNC post it would probably be worth going into an MPMaster and looking at how they handle High Speed look ahead  calls for various machines. There are several different mechanisms in there. It is handled using Mis and Mrs on the Misc. tab.

If they don't have exactly what you need it will probably be a good starting point.

Yep, its in the MISC. tab. Looks like you have to pick a smoothness number for the entire program. 

1 hour ago, DCOPE17 said:

Looks like you have to pick a smoothness number for the entire program. 

Any Misc. Intg./Reals page is for that operation only, so you can switch things off when you don't want them on a particular operation or toolpath type.

Nice, so I can set individual operations to different smooth settings. I just looked at that. Up to this point, I never had to do anything under that tab. 

About the time I'm ready to retire, I'll know it all. Haha

Thanks again for the help.